I Just Gotta Ask!

TEXASMUNK

the people don't know that you can edit what you're quoting in your reply. Just go to advance to type your reply...put the cursor at the beginning of the quote, and delete, delete, delete. Especially when you're replying to a post that has pictures in it. Folks, please, delete the unecessary stuff in the post you're quoting!

Thank you!!! If everyone did this, it would save alot of mileage on my mouse. And personally, if you quote an entire multi-paragraph post, I'm going to skip over the whole thing, including your reply.

Just like the chain email you get from a friend that has 15 pages of addresses before you get to what they wanted you to see. They don't know they can just copy the info and then paste it in the email to you. Or, delete all the other addresses before they forward it.

Yes this is particularly annoying when someone posts a long review. Someone quotes the whole bleedin thing and types good review!!:mad: OMG! I just agreed with Texasmunk on something, must be loosing my marbles:D
I would agree with you and the munk.

I also find p-i-m-p-i-n-g op's pages with photo's, glittery signature's in pink or any other purile color, and the lists of ships they claim to have sailed on, and the cruise counters, do people loose track of when the are sailing and need to be reminded ,I find it all rather gauche and a waste of space.

Regards from a scouser, ps are there still some wild bars around Dargan rd

As folks read through a post and the add their comments....

WHY do they insist of duplicated 6 to 10 inches of copy?

Do they get extra credit for extra long replies to threads?

Have they forgotten why they are posting and have to go back and re-read as they write?

Not complaining, just asking

see what I mean? LOL

YouhaveagoodquestionwhichallmustcontemplateandwhichhasbeencontemplatedthroughouthistoryfromthetimetheworldwascreatedandwhatdoyouthinkoftheBigBangtheory

sooftentalkedabout.Yes,fromthecavemanwhoranaroundinskinsandjustfought

tosurvivetothemightyarmiesofRomeandGreece,totheVikingswhobravedtheseas

tocarrytheirwordarooundtheword,tothebraveMinutemenwhofacedtheBritish

wheretheshotwasfired"heardroundtheworldthequestionhasalwaysbeenasked.Andwhataboutthosedeeplyinlovewhohavewalkedhandinhandbeneaththefallingleavesoffallorbeneaththewayingpalmtrees

onelooksintothelovngeyesofanotherandtogethertheytrytoanswerthisquestion.

Icouldgoonandonbuttheonlylinmittomydesiretoconsdidertheissuesyoubringupishungerasthisisthemorning

andIwantmybreakfastandwhichbringsupanotherquestion:shouldIwakemywifeorpreparethe

mealmyselfwhichIhavelearnedtodothroughtheyears.Iwillreturnandaddmorewordstothequestionyouhave

thjeforesighttobringforewardtoallthemenandwomenwholiketocruiseonshipswhoare biggerandsaferthankstowisdomofsomanywholookedforabetterwaytotravelandforthosewhogavetheirlivestomakeourseassafer.BythewaywhichofthemoviesoftheTitanicdisasterdoyulikethebetter?Wasit"A NighttoRemembger",oprthetwomoviesnamed"Titianic"onewithBarbaraStanwyckandtheotherwithLeonardodi?CaprioandbythewaydidyouseeLeonardoin"TheAviator".Inthemoviesdoyoulikeyourpopcornwithbutteror plain,TherearehealthconsidersationswhichtoohavebeenraisedtothemanyadvancesinhealthresearchfromthetimeourworldwascreatedandbythewaydidIsuggesttheBigBangtheory?IpreferGoobersandRaisinetsbuttheyhavemorecaloriesandareworsefortheteeththanpopcornbutpopcornalso

makesyouthirstyanddoyouruntogetafastdrinkofwaterevenifyoumisspartofthemovie?Oh,Iremembertheolddayswhenyoucouldsitandwashthemovieoverandoveragain.MustgoasIthinkmywifeneedsthecomputerbutwhatcanbemoreimportantthanansweringyourprofoundquestion

Imustexplainthistoher.:rolleyes:

Happy holidays and the best of the new year to you all!:D

Turn off your signature??? :confused: How??? I'd love to know how to do that.

When you reply to a thread, just look in the box under Miscellaneous Options

Then uncheck the option that says "Show Your Signature"

Sometimes I forget to do that so you can go back and "Edit" then "Advanced Options", then uncheck your signature. ;)

I would agree with you and the munk.

I also find p-i-m-p-i-n-g op's pages with photo's, glittery signature's in pink or any other purile color, and the lists of ships they claim to have sailed on, and the cruise counters, do people loose track of when the are sailing and need to be reminded ,I find it all rather gauche and a waste of space.

You have the capability to turn off signatures and if they bother you that much then maybe that is something that you need to do. Very simple to accomplish.

To be honest I only know of one and have never been in it. Most of the rest of the bars at the other end of the docks are now not very lively. All the nightlife seems to have moved towards the "Cathedral Quarter". Hope this helps

You have the capability to turn off signatures and if they bother you that much then maybe that is something that you need to do. Very simple to accomplish.
I did not say it bothers me I said it was rather gauche, I tend to use it as a yardstick within the context of my perspercacity.

Does it increase the nearer we get to the winter solstice? and do the people who p-i-m-p their boards, do the same to their houses, and the doors of their cabins, I saw some real classic in Florida last winter, the temp was in the upper 25 celcius, I had a sudden image of what global warming may do to Lapland! Santa will have to wear speedo's his sack will be very limp due to the humidity, and Rudolph will probably die of heat stroke ( you have to put the dashes in **** otherwise it is censored).

An example of what bothers me are the repeated threads about "what sort of toiletries are in the bathroom" etc

Regards and may I wish you a very merry solstice

As folks read through a post and the add their comments....

Not complaining, just asking

Perhaps some people do not realize that quotes can be edited (as I did above). However, it is important to quote something if you are replying to a prior post. Otherwise it is hard to tell if post number 24 is replying to post number 22 or post number 16.

Oh this board is causing trouble today! Okay, as I normally do for double posts, I offer a bonus photo instead ...

This is the Panama Canal ...

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/Misc/WITW-V.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='SheriNtexas']how did you do that??:cool: :eek:[/quote]Are you asking about the multi quote? Click on the box just to the right of the quote box. The same for each post you want to quote except the last post you want to quote. For the last post you want to quote you click on the quote box. Then all the quotes show up together.

[quote name='Cuizer2']Are you asking about the multi quote? Click on the box just to the right of the quote box. The same for each post you want to quote except the last post you want to quote. For the last post you want to quote you click on the quote box. Then all the quotes show up together.[/quote]

Well good grief! I have never even once thought to see what that was, lol! Thanks for the lesson!:o :D

[quote name='Cuizer2']However, it is important to quote something if you are replying to a prior post. Otherwise it is hard to tell if post number 24 is replying to post number 22 or post number 16.[/quote]

I agree, if you're replying to a specific post, quoting it is helpful. But when quoting, I always try to edit it down to the absolute minimum of what I'm responding to.

Something else that seems to be beyond the technical ability of many posters is the Preview Post feature. I always use it when I'm quoting. This avoids the confusing half-quote-visible-quote-tag mish-mosh that happens if you accidently delete one of the brackets. I always skip over those; who has the time to try to deciper what's a quote and what's a response?

[quote name='TEXASMUNK']As folks read through a post and the add their comments....

Do they get extra credit for extra long replies to threads?

Have they forgotten why they are posting and have to go back and re-read as they write?

Not complaining, just asking[/QUOTE]

Or how about people that double post ! :D

[INDENT]
[INDENT][quote name='TEXASMUNK']As folks read through a post and the add their comments....[/quote][/INDENT][quote name='TEXASMUNK']

[INDENT]WHY do they insist of duplicated 6 to 10 inches of copy? [/INDENT]

[INDENT][COLOR=blue][B]Because after 3 or 4 pages of answers and some people getting off the subject it is easier for people to remember what the original question is. [/B][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[INDENT]Do they get extra credit for extra long replies to threads? [/INDENT]

[INDENT][COLOR=blue][B]No we don't and what most poster might not realize is that not only do you not get extra credit but if you post more than once in the same area (like here) the number of post under your name does not change. So you will not get to the 5,000 mark any faster.[/B][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[INDENT]Have they forgotten why they are posting and have to go back and re-read as they write? [/INDENT]

[INDENT][COLOR=blue][B]Not really its more for the people who went off the subect and to remind the other readers what the OP asked. [/B][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[INDENT]Not complaining, just asking [COLOR=blue][B]Hope this answers your inquiring mind.[/B][/COLOR] [/INDENT][/quote]

[INDENT]Have a great day. [/INDENT]

[/INDENT]

Archived