ear plugs

laurieb

I swim regularly in our club and have to use earplugs. I use ones by the same people who make the Earplanes, ear plugs for airplanes. Actually, I think they are the same design, only different colors. I find they work pretty well. You can find them in the drug department at many stores, like Target, WalMart, Fred Meyer, etc.

thankyou for your input! I have a tube in my ear and have already had issues because of water getting in. The dizzies are no fun at home, they would be even less fun on vacation!

Especially on a moving ship. :eek:

Hey there fellow Oregonian.

Try the silicone ones from Walmart. They're kind of like silly putty. I used them last month while snorkeling in cozumel. They don't show as much as the earplane type, which by the way I use for air travel without fail or I suffer horrible ear problems. Saw someone else use just plain orange earplugs attached to a string that you see at concerts and places that are noisy. Guess that worked ok too.

I too have ear tubes, and I can't risk getting water in my ears even in the shower. I'd suggest calling your ENT office and seeing if they make ear molds. Mine were $60.00 and have lasted over 3 years.

I consider it worth every penny, especially when I'm on vacation and am at the whim of a doctor who doesn't specialize in ear problems such as mine.

I too have ear tubes, and I can't risk getting water in my ears even in the shower. I'd suggest calling your ENT office and seeing if they make ear molds. Mine were $60.00 and have lasted over 3 years.

I consider it worth every penny, especially when I'm on vacation and am at the whim of a doctor who doesn't specialize in ear problems such as mine.

That sounds like good advice to me.

My wife and I scuba dive and we use some ear plugs that are made for diving. They are called doc's ear plugs. They cost about $10. Make sure you get the ones that have holes in them if you plan on going under the water . They also have ones that you can just use while on top of the water.

Most dive shops carry them. Make sure that they fit your ears for the right size. We went to one shop and they said they are all the same size and they are not.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived