Tahitian Princess in November

madfrog

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site but from what I've seen so far it looks like a great place to meet other cruisers and get good advice.

I'm booked on the Tahitian Princess for the November 23rd cruise (my birthday cruise), it's my very first cruise so I have a ton of questions. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

My first question is regarding the formal nights, should I bring an evening gown or are pants and cocktail dresses acceptable?

Second, I was wondering what the passenger list will be like...single, married, familes, younger, older, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.

You will have a great time! What a way to spend your birthday. I think you will find all kinds of people on your cruise, but mostly in the 40-65 category. As far as formal wear, they ask for formal, We did see dressy pants outfits and cocktail dresses. We will be dressing formal. I must say that as much as I love to dress up, I wish we could forgo it on this itinerary. Oh well.

I have a post on the Princess Roll Call for the Tahitian Princess on Nov 23rd. We will be on that ship for the second time. We are old timers on Princess having 16 cruises under our belts. You will find people on board from their 20s to 80s but mostly between late 30s and 60s. It's a lot of fun and we really enjoyed our first time on board. Hope to hear from you!

My three sisters and I (leaving the husbands at home) are going to be on the November 23/04 trip. From what I have read the formal nights range from dressy pant suits to long evening gowns. This certainly gives you a broad range to choose from. I am sure you are looking as forward to this trip as the four of us are. Cheers!

Marlene D.

Victoria British Columbia

My three sisters and I (leaving the husbands at home) are going to be on the November 23/04 trip. From what I have read the formal nights range from dressy pant suits to long evening gowns. This certainly gives you a broad range to choose from. I am sure you are looking as forward to this trip as the four of us are. Cheers!

Marlene D.

Victoria British Columbia

I can't wait for this trip, I'm counting down the days. So you're all leaving the husbands at home, it should be fun to get away and enjoy catching up with your sisters. I will be without a man on this trip also (I don't have a husband but who knows what might happen on the "Love Boat" cruise line).

Have you booked any excursions yet? I have some booked through Princess and one with Marc's Motu Snorkel/Picnic (which seems to be the one everyone says not to miss).

I have emailed through this site with a couple who will be on the Tahitian Princess for the second time, they have been very helpful with questions.

Hopefully we can meet on the ship for some drinks.

Lori

Eastpointe, MI

I can't wait for this trip, I'm counting down the days. So you're all leaving the husbands at home, it should be fun to get away and enjoy catching up with your sisters. I will be without a man on this trip also (I don't have a husband but who knows what might happen on the "Love Boat" cruise line).

Have you booked any excursions yet? I have some booked through Princess and one with Marc's Motu Snorkel/Picnic (which seems to be the one everyone says not to miss).

I have emailed through this site with a couple who will be on the Tahitian Princess for the second time, they have been very helpful with questions.

Hopefully we can meet on the ship for some drinks.

Lori

Eastpointe, MI

Hi madfrog!

Yup, its time for the girls to get away and play! The last time the four of us travelled together we were children so.... "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"!!

I haven't booked any excursions yet but I have been reading the reviews on this board (thanks to everyone) about Marc's Motu Snorkel/Picnic. It looks like a lot of fun. I will have to get a thumbs up from the other three before I book it.

I would love to meet on the ship for a drink. My husband and I went on a 30 day cruise to Europe last year and before we left we corresponded with a number of people from this board. We all agreed to meet on the ship and as a result, really enjoyed our time together. Great way of meeting people.

Marlene D.

madfrog,

i'm just cruisin' through cruise critic instead of working (at home) and thought i'd wish a fellow sagittarian a happy birthday and wish you well for your birthday cruise.

we took marc's tour and loved it. another couple that also loved it enjoyed just as much, if not more, bruno's tour on raiatea. also, we all had a wonderful excursion with heifara (and his wife, nani) on moorea (mooreaboattours.com). i dove in bora bora and loved it so if you can, get under the water and either snorkel or do that helmet or intro dive thing.

hope this helps.

j

madfrog,

i'm just cruisin' through cruise critic instead of working (at home) and thought i'd wish a fellow sagittarian a happy birthday and wish you well for your birthday cruise.

we took marc's tour and loved it. another couple that also loved it enjoyed just as much, if not more, bruno's tour on raiatea. also, we all had a wonderful excursion with heifara (and his wife, nani) on moorea (mooreaboattours.com). i dove in bora bora and loved it so if you can, get under the water and either snorkel or do that helmet or intro dive thing.

hope this helps.

j

Thanks for the birthday wishes...Happy early Birthday wishes to you also. Thanks for the advice on the excursions. I started taking scuba lessons and hopefully will be able to do some diving but I do have the aqua safari also scheduled. I'm really looking forward to this cruise, I log in to the Princess site everyday and check out the webcam on the Tahitian Princess.

Thanks again.

Madfrog

Madfrog Happy Birthday wishes and hey I might see you when you get off your cruise as I will boarding the Tahitian Princess on Dec 3rd!

HighRoller,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Don't worry about the ship, we'll keep it warmed up for your arrival. It might need some alcohol and food restocking but it will be in party shape.

MadFrog

Archived