New Genesis Class Ship

TEXASMUNK

I noticed it states "mid 2009" for the start of sailings from FLL....I thought the Genny (sorry Genesis) wasnt coming out until Fall of 2009..or am I being duh :o :confused: ..also you would think there would be at least a month of Pre-Inaugurals etc (Europe & US)

So does this mean do you think she, will be finished earlier than we thought ?

The bow will arrive in mid 2009. The stern will arrive in the fall of 2009.

RCI needs to do some terminal renovation. There have been reports of debarkation problems for Navigator. They will also have to have more customs officers there for debarkation to avoid long lines etc.

Wonder how this will affect RCI putting a 7 day ship into Port Canaverl to replace Mariner which will move to California.

Terminal renovations are good things and in the case of Genesis they will have to be done quickly. I am not so sure that the current arrangements will be able to handle a Genesis. Navigator is smaller and they have problems with her, I'd hate to see what 5000 Passengers would do to that..... It is possible that maybe Celebrity will put a Solstice in PC after all it is one big happy fleet. Independence, Solstice either would be great for PC. PC does need another Parking Garage besides the one currently in place though......

Archived