island tours, swimwear and bags

jks9103

For island tours that end the day with a 1 to 2 hour beach stop, do you wear your swimwear all day under your clothes or change into them when you get to the beach? Also what type of bag do you bring with you, tote or backpack? We are booked with Godfrey on St Thomas and Herod on St Lucia.

It's up to you. I usually wear my suit under my shorts and tshirt or a coverup dress. If it's a long day of touring, I always find out if there are changing rooms at the beach or along the way. Sometimes I just wear nylon shorts and tank top and don't bother with a suit if I know we are just walking the beach or sitting in the sand as opposed to hitting the waves. It's just up to you.

I carry a nylon tote bag. I can rinse it out before dragging sand into our room, and it dries very quickly. My husband carries a mall back pack on walking tours when we're not beaching.

We always wear our suits under our clothes when going to a beach, whether it is on a tour or just in a cab. I bring a tote bag and my DH brings a backpack. We take disposable underwater cameras so that we don't have to worry about our good camera. If we are with a tour operator, we don't worry so much about our good camera. That person can usually keep it for you while you are in the water.

Have fun!

Yes wear your suit. I went on a tour in St Lucia with Cosol which included an hour long stop at a beach resort. Their was only one bathroom (actually two...one womens and one mens)with two stalls in each. Several of us didn't wear our suits so along with the people who were already at the beach and all of us that either needed to change or use the restroom...it was a long wait. Plus putting a suit on in a hurry in a small hot bathroom is no fun:eek:

You have the same problem if you decide to change back into your dry clothes...which we did. We may have had a little over an hour...but how ever long it was it wasn't enough time to have to change twice!

CaribbeanCrazy

Archived