Are cruise ships going to Costa Rica?

Iceberg2

I was on the Coral last week and the captain announced two days prior to the original scheduled day in Limon that "due to unrest" and passenger safety" we would be divered to Grand Cayman. I still haven't heard what was going on. This announcement was made during the 6 PM dinner and the cheer of joy was very loud in the dining room.

I was on the Coral last week and the captain announced two days prior to the original scheduled day in Limon that "due to unrest" and passenger safety" we would be divered to Grand Cayman. I still haven't heard what was going on. This announcement was made during the 6 PM dinner and the cheer of joy was very loud in the dining room.
I would not be cheering for joy at the prospect of visiting Grand Cayman rather than Costa Rica...but it is better than missing a port without any substitution. I think the situation was a one-day strike at the port, but I might be mistaken.

We stopped there last week and had no trouble at all. I was on the Miracle 12/1/07 - 12/9/07 and we enjoyed our brief stay in Limon, Costa Rica greatly. We took a canal tour through the rain forest and mangroves. We saw so much wild life and the guides were eager to stop and point out everything they could for us without disturbing nature. They stopped the engine of the boat so we could coast up near a crocodile sitting on a bunch of wooden debris. We stopped to watch monkeys playing in the trees.

I'm traveling with you Iceberg2 on 1/6/08, please keep me updated on some good tours.

Ironman

I am using private and princess, reading ports of call helps a lot. It all depends on what you like to do - read the roll call for the cruise, I posted recently some of the things we are doing. For Costa Rica, I am using Charlie Soto based on what I read. Hope we are making a good choice. See you soon

Archived