Live from Wind Spirit 12/1/07 cruise

kathy16

We are on the Wind Spirit. We left St Thomas this afternoon, instead of last evening, due to mechanical problems. Was disappointed, we didn't stay off of st john, but windstar came up with a shuttle to town, and a ride on the ferry to st john as a substitute. Now we are on our way to st martin Food is good, staff is great!!They kept dining room open later for lunch, so we could eat, when we got back from St. John- wonderful customer service!!

Haven't heard that. It seemed to take a lot of time with 2 tugs to get out of St thomas. Apparetly no problem here in St Barts, but it seemed like it still needed work. We'rre having a great time- weather is sunny with frequent rain showers. Deck BBQ tonight changed to inside. Internet $55 per 100minutes $100 per 250 min

We are staying in st thomas tonight- got off Wind Spirit today- very nice cruise- wonderful staff, nice itinerary. Never took any Windstar excursions- did St Martin America's cup on our own- much cheaper. Didn't really care for St Bart- very expensive everything- taxi - $25 dollar for short ride to St Jean beach, $50 Euro to rent a sunning bed on beach at Nikki restaurant- we didn't - walked down beach to another area- only 10 E pp for chaise rental, food and souvenirs very expensive too. Not worth it.

Love JVD- took $5 pp taxi ride to White Bay- very worth it- and plenty of time to get back to ship. Very short day in JVD- ship leaves early!!

Kathy,

In another thread it was stated that Windstar no longer has their sports coordinators doing the dives and dive instructions. Can you confirm this?

This is true, they scheduled all dives with an outside tour opperator on the islands they did dives on. We did not dive but I herd the Host talking about it.

The new Wind Spirit sports coordinators were awful. They could barly speak or understand english and I never saw them doing much with the water sports or water platform. The platform was open but I never saw them using any of the equipment.

I was also on the Wind Spirt last week.

Kathy,

In another thread it was stated that Windstar no longer has their sports coordinators doing the dives and dive instructions. Can you confirm this?

This is true, they scheduled all dives with an outside tour opperator on the islands they did dives on. We did not dive but I herd the Host talking about it.

The new Wind Spirit sports coordinators were awful. They could barly speak or understand english and I never saw them doing much with the water sports or water platform. The platform was open but I never saw them using any of the equipment.

I was also on the Wind Spirt last week.

Hey Kathy ... we were just notified that next week's cruise (leaving 12/08) has been cancelled because of propeller problems. Any word from those on board what's going on?

My brother was on the 12/1 cruise. He said it was a hydraulic leak and the ship had to go to dry dock in San Juan to fix it...he said a crew member told him that there was a leak, but they could not find it - but the coast guard allowed the 12/1 cruise to sail, but told them that they had to fix the problem before it would be allowed in St Thomas again.

Archived