Port Canaveral Transportation

ken06kim

Will be cruising from Port Canaveral next April and am wondering what is the best option for transportation from Orlando Airport. I plan to fly in the day before and stay in a hotel near the aiport OR port (preferably something with a free shuttle to the port) so I need transportation on Friday night from the airport to hotel and then when the cruise returns, from the Port back to the airport. Any advice is appreciated.

Will be cruising from Port Canaveral next April and am wondering what is the best option for transportation from Orlando Airport. I plan to fly in the day before and stay in a hotel near the aiport OR port (preferably something with a free shuttle to the port) so I need transportation on Friday night from the airport to hotel and then when the cruise returns, from the Port back to the airport. Any advice is appreciated.

I've checked it out upside down and back again. We are also flying in on Friday renting a car ours is with Hertz $44.00 but other people have found others to be cheaper. DO NOT RENT THE CAR FOR A WEEK. You get a 1 day 1 way. That way you can turn it in after the hotel on saturday and the car rental place will take you to the peir.... They will pick you up when back from the cruise take you to the car rental and you drive back to Orlando and turn it in and take their courtsey shuttle to the airport. We previously bought carnival cruise transfers but are only using them on our way back. When you make your reservation ahead of time on the phone you tell them you want the car again.....We called the rental 18oo number made our reservation my husband is Gold Card and they have a board telling you where your car is and the keys are in it...If you call the 800 number you won't have to wait in line as long to give them info even if you aren't Gold Card.

At the airport baggage is on level 2. Then go down 1 level and catch the rental courtesy bus. it takes you to off site car rental and they have all your info ready. next you take I think Hwy 528 all the way. Toll Rd 75 cents...

We are staying at the hampton on Atlantic Drive because we use points. Most people stay at the raddison. Some use 4 points sheraton or country suites. You can park your car there overnight for free. Or if you have a car for a week you can also park it at most of the hotels....Go on line to http://www.cocoa beach and their city chamber of commerce site gives you all the info about resturants. People who live there reccomend Rusty's on the water or the Grill or Fish Lips for Seafood, chicken or such. they are listed on the site. Also told a must is Manatee park. Hope all this helps it is now 12 am and I am heading to bed.

Hi, we were on the Glory this past July and did the rental car transportation thing. Worked out great, was nice to be able to have some wheels to run those last minute errands and it was pretty cost affective. That was until we found out that our car rental service did not have a shuttle to the terminal and we had to get a cab. I think we had National, had a great rate which disappeared after the cab ride for $20 each way. Found this out after we dropped the car off. I would caution you to ask to see if they offer a shuttle ride to the terminal.

We rented a car through AVIS and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites right near the port. Check out rental car prices. They had a van to take us right to the port and back once we returned from the cruise. We rented a car that day to take us back to the airport. It worked out very well.

Please try Avis. The one way rental was $42 + cost of gas. The ship has an excellent tour of Port Canaveral which includes transportation back to the airport if your plane leaves after 4PM. It was so wonderful and we didn't have to rent the car and pay for the gas.

hi we are going in feb. and found the one way rental prices very very high....anyone else find the same thing....

If you take CCL transfers they are $70.00 round trip per person.= 140 NON REFUNDABLE. We rented our car for 44 total 1 way. you keep it overnight and turn in the day of the cruise and our rental car has a free shuttle. you can do the same thing coming back so to me 88 is a lot better then $140 In fact since we wanted to come in a day early we had already paid for CCL but we are paying for a car down to enjoy the day and are using our pre paid CCL service back to the Airport. if there is anyone you can share with you will come out great. Just call the 1-800 numbers and check them out. Your airline may have someone they are in partners with to get a discount or if you are AARP etc. Have a great cruise when you go we are off this friday and set sail Saturday

Archived