Question about reserving shore excursions

travelgirl04

Just book them under one name, but show how many tickets you want. I book them under my name but show that I want 2 tickets. Now sometimes my wife and I do different things. They both are still billed to me, but I put down only 1 ticket for each of our tours. Remember you can always cancel them up to the week before the cruise. They are billed to your room account only after you have checked in. The tickets are in your stateroom or soon after you check in. If you don't want them after your board turn them in to the tour desk at least 24 hrs before the tour. Usually there is a box on the tour desk where you can drop them off. You do not need to stand in line and hand them in. I have not had any problems with doing it this way.

also check the tour schedule sometimes tours are added to the cruise that are not listed on the Princess web site. These listing are usually hung next to the tour desk, so you can check it when no one is there.

Kind of a different excursion question. How can you tell what time the excursion is on our cruise personalizer? I am getting close to the date we can reserve.

For each excursion, the personalizer lists the expected start time and estimated length.

How far in advance can you book the excursions?

90 to 120 days in advance on Princess's website, even if you have not paid in full yet. If you have your booking number you can login to the cruise personalizer, and if it shows shore excursions available, you can book them online.

How can you tell what time the excursion is on our cruise personalizer? I am getting close to the date we can reserve.
When the excursions are available, you'll have the choice of which time you want if it's offered at more than one time. The times will all be posted with each excursion. Be aware that excursions times can change after boarding. Usually, the reason is the tour operator's availability.

We always book under one account... to make sure of getting the tour for both of us. If you are traveling with a companion and each will pay their own, then do book under each person's account.

We always like to get our tours locked up before the cruise because many of the popular ones can be sold out before boarding. If you change you mind you just return the ticket before the closing date / time for that tour and your account will be creditied.

Closing date is normally the day before the excursion. You can get a refund or change times, if available, while on the ship even if you bought your excursion via the personalizer, until the afternoon of closing date. If the excursing is sold out, as a last resort, you can go to the excursion assembly point at the time required and stand by. Often there are no shows and you can buy a ticket at the last second from the sticker girl. If the excursion doesn't go due to weather you get your money back.

The beauty of buying Princess excusions is they will hold up the ship's departure if your entire excursion is late getting back to the ship except in extreme circumstances.

Archived