More info about Regatta Cup Race

katiecat

Also note that the age 'requirement' is that they do not encourage children under the age of 12, unless they are from a sailing family or are very strong or big for their age.

Your cruise line may have more stringent requirements.

The 12 Metre Regatta Website.

An audio report of our sailing is here.

gary

We were thinking of booking an excursion like this for our family in the future and I was wondering about medical insurance. We read through our travel medical insurance the other day and the fine print stated that they would not cover you if you were in any type of speed racing activity. It was through our automobile association. I know the best thing would be to call them and find out exactly if this type of activity would be included but I just thought I would ask here if anyone else had experienced this with their policy.

Karysa

:confused: Just looked at the website and saw the fantastic photos of the America Cup regatta. I plan on booking this excursion but wondered why no one on board was wearing a life jacket. As a former competitive sailor (and ironically a non-swimmer) I know how quickly someone can get knocked out/over the edge especially as there are novices mixed in with the actual crew manning the sails.

Is this a concern???

I seem to be one of the few people who did not really enjoy this excursion. Where they had me sit was very uncomfortable as I was sitting on ropes in a cramped area with my legs in a well. It was a bit boring to me and I also felt seasick which is the first time that happened to me on an excursion. The rest of my family thought the excursion was OK though.

Hi Pat:

It took me a while to find you but.....I'm glad that you are baaachhhhhhhh.

Junita got home before us as I was in the bank the very next day and our mutual friend can up to me from behind the counter and asked "Where exactly is Victoria?" I must be slow as I didn't catch on immediately, I have not seen her since, she must be looking out for me as she walks down the street and then crosses over to the other side to retain her reputation!!!! lol. Hope you enjoy the eastern Caribean as much as we did in October. Pat

quote=remydiva;12655010]:confused: Just looked at the website and saw the fantastic photos of the America Cup regatta. I plan on booking this excursion but wondered why no one on board was wearing a life jacket. As a former competitive sailor (and ironically a non-swimmer) I know how quickly someone can get knocked out/over the edge especially as there are novices mixed in with the actual crew manning the sails.

Is this a concern???

I seem to be one of the few people who did not really enjoy this excursion. Where they had me sit was very uncomfortable as I was sitting on ropes in a cramped area with my legs in a well. It was a bit boring to me and I also felt seasick which is the first time that happened to me on an excursion. The rest of my family thought the excursion was OK though.

I also did not enjoy this excursion nor my 18 year old daughter. We where short staffed and I was the only wench person (I think they usually have two). I was so busy winding and unwinding rope that I did not get to enjoy the sail. I was so glad when it was over.

Archived