Port Arthur

angelwingsflys

port arthur is a long way from hobart, check out the maps.It is a full day tour.

we actually missed hobart on our cruise, so cannot tell you times i am sure someone will though

Hi Kaseyoz ...On the cruise we are doing we are at Port Arther4/2/2008 ,(tender required, ) so I imagine that we will be offshore:confused: ...sail to Hobart that night at 9pm leave Hobart at 11.59p...5/2/2008 the next night,am looking forward to Hobart hope they don't miss it.

Deb:)

Deb,

The tender will take you into the jetty which is where we boarded a boat to go to Isle of the Dead and the boys prison.

It is right in the heart of Port Arthur so you will have very little walking except to see all the ruins and buildings.

Jennie

Thanks Jennie - Deb and I are on the same cruise and we had discussed the tender question hoping that is where Princess boats will tender and not another jetty in the town (which I assume is not walking distance to the historic site?)

Thanks for the other info you sent me - will contact you soon re catching up in Melbourne!

Regards

Vera

This is a big expansive grounds, the dock is a walk to many buildling, except right by the visitor center.

There also are hills to navagate if you want to tour the grounds- which it isn't even worth going to unless you do.

Hi Kaseyoz ...On the cruise we are doing we are at Port Arther4/2/2008 ,(tender required, ) so I imagine that we will be offshore:confused: ...sail to Hobart that night at 9pm leave Hobart at 11.59p...5/2/2008 the next night,am looking forward to Hobart hope they don't miss it.

Deb:)

I am sorry i did not realise the cruise ship actually docked at port arthur. I suppose i just guessed incorrectly that you were coming from hobart.

hope you enjoy your day there, we are still planning to come back to tassie one day for a longer visit. these type of cruises certainly whet your appetite to venture there for a longer land trip

I am sorry i did not realise the cruise ship actually docked at port arthur. I suppose i just guessed incorrectly that you were coming from hobart.

hope you enjoy your day there, we are still planning to come back to tassie one day for a longer visit. these type of cruises certainly whet your appetite to venture there for a longer land trip

Hi Karon,

It is an different approach to Port Arthur,(tender in ) something that I hadn't seen before , you don't need to be sorry ,I should have explained myself better.

Regards Deb:)

Archived