Pride - Cabin Question

wizard-of-roz

The only type of cabin I have ever heard of that had french doors is an obstructed ocean view. If that is the case, the doors will open but all that's out there is one of the ship's tenders (rescue boat). At least that's what my mom had on the Spirit. She just wanted some light and some fresh air and that's what she got!

Cheryl

This cabin is a Cat. 7a, it has a balcony that you can step out on. It has a lifeboat right under it. The top of the lifeboat will be flush with the floor of the balcony, you can look out, left and right but not down because of the lifeboat. Its a good cabin.

Fred

I do know that the cabin is a 7A.....I just wanted to know if you can acutally step out on the balcony....looking "down" is no big loss......

My TA wasn't sure....and, calling Carnival has not been successful!

Thanks for the info.....And, I would like to see a picture, if you can re-send it!

Thanks

If it is a 7A, then is has a balcony..... I have pics of 5236 (7A with extra long balcony) in my photo album for the Pride in my signature. Although your balcony will be smaller, you can get an idea of the view. :)

I just looked - The cabins with the french doors are the 5A's on Deck 4... not the 7A's on Deck 5.

Check out this deck plan: http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=PR

Select Upper Deck to see Deck 5.

I am not sure who told you that you have french doors..... 7A's are balcony cabins and 5170 is a 7A. It does have a door that swings open, as opposed to a sliding door.

I still wish you were still on our 1/6/08 cruise. :D It would have been fun to meet you!

Suzie: Not to be-labor this......We're a 7A on deck 5 (#5170) with french doors.....Do we have a balcony that we can stand on?

Cabin 5170 which is a 7A is a regular cabin on the Upper deck with a regular door and balcony, except it has an obstructed view because of the life boats, it doesn't have french doors. The only french doors are on the deck below, the Main deck, and are 5A's. Just fyi, french doors slide and there is a railing right at the window and no balcony, you can get fresh air, but not step outside.

Seems to me it's a matter of semantics as to what is a French door!

Don't all of Carnival's balcony cabins have doors that open out, rather than the sliding doors that most other cruise ships have?

Maybe that's where the confusion is.

OP, go to webshots and search for Pride and that cabin number (or any of the Spirit-class ships). I know I've seen photos.

Well, since the symantics of French Doors was brought up. :D

French doors - noun

two adjoining doors that have glass panes from top to bottom and are hinged at opposite sides of a doorway so that they open in the middle

I have stayed in a 7A on this ship.... door opens out.... one door... there is a balcony... the view is fine. :D Roz - you are going to have a GREAT time. The Pride is a fabulous ship. We will keep her nice for you.

Suzie: Not to be-labor this......We're a 7A on deck 5 (#5170) with french doors.....Do we have a balcony that we can stand on?

Yes you do and you can.

The cabins with the "French doors" (I'm soooo glad I don't have to call them "liberty doors") without a balcony are all on the Main deck (deck 4). They will be the poor SOBs directly under you. (Actually, they're not so poor: they got one of the best deals.) The lifeboats that hang flush with the floor of your balcony dangle in front of their French doors.

In the event of an emergency, you can jump in your lifeboat and cut loose. Wave to the suckers waiting in vain for it at their mustard stations on the Atlantic deck while you feast on their rations.

We are in a 7A category #5187 and the only obstruction is looking down? I have lifeboats right in front of the balcony? Thanks for any info.

Stefani

Yes, I posted some pictures above, but were removed because they came from CruiseStateroom.com but there are some CC members here that have a picture they can post.

Fred

Whew! I think I've got it....and, I wasn't the only one who was confused....good to know you're not alone....

I'm so glad we can actually step out and see ahead and to the sides.....Looking down won't be on my agenda, while on this trip!:o

I promise not to jump into the lifeboat before I need to.

Thanks for the information and advice.:rolleyes:

I have pictures of 5236 from the Pride in my gallery (link below)... the balcony is longer than standard... but the view would be the same. Unless your cabin falls in with the 1st 3 lifeboats forward. Those are a bit more obstructed because of the design of the lifeboats.

The 7A is a great bargain and we would be in one again in January, had we not received a great deal on the 8I that we are booked in.

Tina: I'm having so much fun looking at all your pictures.....I'm not getting any work done on my desk......

I bet that's exactly what our cabin looks like......and, that's okay with me!!!!

We just got off the Golden Princess two weeks ago and I can't wait for the Pride.......

I'm so enjoying your pix and familarizing myself with the ship....she's a beauty!!!! :p

Hi Roz -

I am glad you are enjoying the pics. The Pride is the first ship that we will have sailed on twice. We rebooked as soon as we got home in January. It was our first time on Carnival and we loved it. The Pride is a great ship and it will be interesting to see what she comes out of drydock with. The staff was wonderful. My husband usually finds things to complain about. And he couldn't find much on this cruise. :D I felt the buffet in Mermaid's was lacking a little - but we certainly didn't starve on this ship! And we both wished they kept the hamburger grill open longer. But I think that was it. Fabulous time! I am really excited to be going back soon and sharing it with our kids this time. :)

Archived