Gift Items Ideas?

tmee

Hello all, I need some assistance please. I would like some suggestions for gift items to bring back for my friends/coworkers from my cruise. I am going on an Eastern Caribbean route. Things I have brought back in the past: Tortuga Rum cakes, JBM coffee, Kona Coffee, Mexican Vanilla, smoked salmon, Italian chocolates... but those were all on the western route or elsewhere, and I'm running out ideas. It doesn't have to be a food item, but I am a bit partial food (once you eat it, doesn't take up much space or fill up a junk drawer :) )

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all, I need some assistance please. I would like some suggestions for gift items to bring back for my friends/coworkers from my cruise. I am going on an Eastern Caribbean route. Things I have brought back in the past: Tortuga Rum cakes, JBM coffee, Kona Coffee, Mexican Vanilla, smoked salmon, Italian chocolates... but those were all on the western route or elsewhere, and I'm running out ideas. It doesn't have to be a food item, but I am a bit partial food (once you eat it, doesn't take up much space or fill up a junk drawer :) )

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

What ports are you visiting so we can come up with some ideas we've all used in the past.

Dianne

Eastern Caribbean Route: Puerto Rico, St Thomas, Antigua, Bahamas

Thanks,

tmee

In St. Thomas I would concentrate on liquor for gift items as the prices there are about as good as it gets unless you have bookoo $$ to spend and want to bring back gem stone jewelry for your friends (jewelry prices are pretty good there as well.)

May sound like a broken record, but rum is a good bet in Puerto Rico, but don't try bringing 151 proof rum back to the States. You will be stopped at the airport check in with 151 proof. Anything lower in proof should make it through however.

Antiqua, never found a special souvenir or gift type item to bring home but have to say the island grows about the best pineapple fruit we've ever tasted in our lives. It's called black pineapple and I believe it comes in season during the winter months. I know we were there in February and it was fresh in the fruit/veg markets as well as available in all of the restaurants. The fruit has a citrus tinge to it that makes it taste like a cross between an orange and a pineapple.

Dianne

Archived