Cancelled Wind Spirit Cruise 8 Dec.

dave22

Just got a phone call from my travel agent saying that our 8 Dec Wind Spirit cruise out of St. Thomas was cancelled due to a cracked propellor. Having read some recent postings re cancellations by Windstar because of corporate charters, I am getting sceptical. Is there any way to confirm that this cancellation was in fact due to mechanical problems? Am very disappointed, it was to be our first Windstar cruise. Not sure we will take one in the future. :(

Windstar just advised that there was a hydraulic problem requiring a couple days of drydock and they were going to refund 100% of the 12/8 cruise as well as expenses relating to air changes. They also advised that there would be a 50% on-board credit towards a future cruise. You may want to contact them to verify this...

We booked this cruise through Costco and they have been great... really representing our interests. Yes, everything will be refunded including travel insurance, shore excursions and any airline penalties. However, I will not be compensated for all the time and effort I put into planning this trip and the necessary elder care issues I had to arrange for my aged mother. We will think twice about booking again with Windstar.

Yes, everything will be refunded including travel insurance, shore excursions and any airline penalties. However, I will not be compensated for all the time and effort I put into planning this trip and the necessary elder care issues I had to arrange for my aged mother. We will think twice about booking again with Windstar.

Mechanical problems happen all the time with airlines. Would you think twice about booking any airline that has a mechanical cancellation???? If you did, then you would never fly.

Seriously, this is the first time that I have heard of a Windstar cancellation for mechanical reasons. It appears that Windstar is being very fair in refunding all expenditures including travel insurance. Sure, there is an element of disappointment but such is life. Look for another cruise and have a good time.

Archived