International flight to cinncinnati

It would be helpful if you mentioned which airport is the connecting flight. I tried to look up the flight you are talking about but can't find it.

Can you please list note what airport your flight connects through. And the issue is not necessarily a later flight. It is having a layover that provides sufficient time. If your layover is in the USA then be award that you have to go through customs at the first point of entry into the USA. That means that you have to pick up your luggage, go through customs, go back through security, check in your luggage and get to your gate, unless of course your connection is in another country. Thus my question.

Keith

PaulPest...I am assuming that you are flying from Rome to Cincy? If so then an 1 hour and 45 will be fine. We had that same connection in Sept. and our layover was just 45 minutes and we were fine. It's not a huge airport but do be sure to beat as many people off of the plane as you can! Every one passed then will be one less you will be behind at customs!

PaulPest...I am assuming that you are flying from Rome to Cincy? If so then an 1 hour and 45 will be fine. We had that same connection in Sept. and our layover was just 45 minutes and we were fine. It's not a huge airport but do be sure to beat as many people off of the plane as you can! Every one passed then will be one less you will be behind at customs!

Are you saying that your first port of entry in the USA was Cincinnati? If so, how did you get your luggage, get through customs, then drop your luggage off for the connecting flight and then through security all in 45 minutes and still board the connecting flight.

Keith

The issue comes down to if you are late taking off from Rome and get into Cincinnati. If you leave on time, your luggage comes off the plane on time the line for customers isn't long you are fine. If on the other hand the flight is delayed, the luggage comes off slow, the lines are long you might have a problem.

Keith

Believe me...it was done. Yes, Cincy was our first landing into the US from Rome. We landed at 4:45 and was on our connector to Charlotte by 5:30. We went through customs and got all (but one) of our bags. It went very smoothly and not a glitch. Note though that we didn't have any time to stop for a snack or drink but we done it. There were two other couples on our exact pattern as well and we all made it. It wasn't a schedule that was desired but we had went with the air package from Carnival and that was the luck of the draw. I fly in and out of Cincy several times a year and have never had any delays whatsoever. It's always a great airport for flying!

Archived