Just got this from our concierge

I am sailing on the Mariner this Sunday, December 9th, in an OS. I just received this email from the concierge and thought I would share it since I have seen lots of questions on this board concerning suite amenities.

My name is Mitzi Ramirez and I will be your Concierge onboard the beautiful Mariner of the Seas. We are excited that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation.

As the Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard. Upon boarding, you will receive a folder with more detailed information as well as the key to the Concierge Club. Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

· Use of the Concierge Club lounge located on deck 9

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Explorations! Salon and Spa appointments, etc.

· Arrangements for private parties.

· Personalized Port & Shopping Guide advice.

· Business services such as faxes, copies, etc.

· DVDs and CD's for your use while onboard

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering of your dinner wine.

· Complimentary rain gear

Salon & Spa appointments, shore excursions and some of our other services often sell out. There fore, it is recommended that these be booked in advance either through the Royal Caribbean website at http://royalcaribbean.com/home.do or if you prefer, by emailing me and I will make the reservations for you. Once the reservations are made, I will send you an email confirming the details. Remember, in order to avoid disappointment, it is recommended that you book in advance.

In addition, we are pleased to offer our newly enhanced Suite Program, exclusively for our Suite guests. For the first time ever, we’re offering full menu in-room dining options, among other exciting benefits and services, all to maximize your suite experience. Program highlights include:

· Full menu from Johnny Rockets® available for in-room dining

· Full Breakfast and Dining Room menus available for in-room dining

· Fisher Price toys, board games and playing cards all available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

· Complimentary luggage valet program

· And in the Concierge Club, be sure to enjoy an exclusive preview of fine art from renowned artists, photography lessons to snap your perfect cruise vacation memories, and an opportunity to have a one on one conversation with the Port & Shopping Guide regarding recommended shopping information.

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying the Royal Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite and Family Suite. The lounge is accessible with your concierge key on a 24-hour basis. Due to the adult oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening, only guests of 18 years and above are permitted in the lounge. We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge. The lounge has been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have. Have a safe and pleasant flight.

Sincerely,

Mitzi Ramirez

Concierge

Mariner of the Seas

Service with a Smile!

Wow! The first group of amenities is what the Freedom offers as well, but the second group is especially nice. I love the idea of full breakfast, dinner and Johnny Rockets menu being available for in-cabin dining, and the free Luggage Valet perk is AWESOME!

I have sent a copy of this letter to Francois aboard the Freedom, inquiring whether these perks are fleetwide. Thanks for sharing!

That is great!! We are sailing on the Vision in January and will be in an OS. I didn't know that we get that Concierge Club stuff!!! You made my day!

C

There's no concierge club on Vision, unfortunately. I'm sailing on Vision in March and was looking forward to that perk since I've just reached Diamond level but I guess I'll have to wait for a future cruise!

Just an update regarding the Freedom...I emailed Francois the list of amenities aboard the Mariner, and he verified full menu availability for in-room dining, but stated that the luggage valet is not complimentary. Hopefully the OP gets that perk (per her letter) as it is a very nice perk! Here's my reply from Francois:

Dear Mr Johnson

We do offer the same amenities than the Marines, the valet is not complimentary on any ship. Indeed you may have breakfast and Dinner in your Suite as well as Johnny Rocket menu ($3..95) per person.

Best Regards

Francois Roux

Concierge

Freedom of the Seas

Dect Phone # 8903

As of right now only Enchantment and Legend of the Seas have a conc lounge. All the other Sovereign class and Vision class ships don't have one.

Splendour has a concierge lounge.

Yes, the Vision class is half way there:

Enchantment, Splendour, Legend = YES :)

Rhapsody, Grandeur, Vision = NO :(

:D

There's no concierge club on Vision, unfortunately. I'm sailing on Vision in March and was looking forward to that perk since I've just reached Diamond level but I guess I'll have to wait for a future cruise!

Well that just stinks!! Do we get anything???!!! I'll have to eat a some ben & jerrys to pick me up!!:o

c

This email from Mitzi Ramirez is interesting, and then hearing from Francois Roux equally so. There will be some confusion, but I hope the program is expanding.

We just sailed with Francois on the Freedom 2 1/2 weeks ago, and the trip was terrific, but it would have been nice to get the luggage valet as an included perk.

The "full menu from Johnny Rockets available for in-room dining" doesn't say that it is without charge, but it leads me to infer that it would be. I would have been a dot surprised to be charged for it. :o

Does anyone else remember back to the days when anyone at all could get the full dining room menu served to you in your stateroom course by course(no matter what category)? We took advantage of that quite a few times years ago....

Leslie

Okay - wait - I missed something. What do you mean by promised free internet?

I need to stop multi-tasking...:rolleyes:

Patrick, back in February, Lisa Bauer announced "new suite perks to be rolled out fleetwide in 2007...": http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=494502

Lisa Bauer announced Sunday on the Majesty OTS that a Suite revitalization will be occurring until August 2007. New amenities will include:

• Samsung Plasma TV's
  • Clocks
  • Binoculars
  • Pillow Menus*(Already in effect)
  • Complimentary Internet
  • Fruit Basket Upon Arrival
  • Evion Water Upon Arrival
  • A bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
  • Enhanced Bathroom Amenities
  • Additional and different amenities in terms of the length of the cruise.

These new benefits apply to Grand Suites, Owners Suites, Royal Family Suites, and Royal Suites. Junior Suites are what she quoted to be "Enhanced and elegant Balcony Staterooms"

What do you all think about this??

I thought it was a nice thing to start doing!

Also, the new bedding will be done officially by May 6, 2007--that being the Mariner of the Seas.

This email from Mitzi Ramirez is interesting, and then hearing from Francois Roux equally so. There will be some confusion, but I hope the program is expanding.

We just sailed with Francois on the Freedom 2 1/2 weeks ago, and the trip was terrific, but it would have been nice to get the luggage valet as an included perk.

The "full menu from Johnny Rockets available for in-room dining" doesn't say that it is without charge, but it leads me to infer that it would be. I would have been a dot surprised to be charged for it.

Does anyone else remember back to the days when anyone at all could get the full dining room menu served to you in your stateroom course by course(no matter what category)? We took advantage of that quite a few times years ago....

Leslie

Leslie:

Just an update regarding the Freedom...I emailed Francois the list of amenities aboard the Mariner, and he verified full menu availability for in-room dining, but stated that the luggage valet is not complimentary. Hopefully the OP gets that perk (per her letter) as it is a very nice perk! Here's my reply from Francois:

Dear Mr Johnson

We do offer the same amenities than the Marines, the valet is not complimentary on any ship. Indeed you may have breakfast and Dinner in your Suite as well as Johnny Rocket menu ($3..95) per person.

Best Regards

Francois Roux

Concierge

Freedom of the Seas

Dect Phone # 8903

Archived