Sun Princess medical evacuation

Riffraff

I wonder if the sleeping passengers on Sun Princess are aware that they turned back to Sydney in the wee small hours this morning.

Sydney Ports shows that she returned to a harbour anchorage at 2.30am for the purpose of a medical evacuation. She left again at 2.53am.

I hope whoever was evacuated is ok.. terrible way to start their cruise..

Gee that's no good. Hope all is ok.

BTW Martin, thanks for the info re Pacific Sun's arrival on 9th November. Unfortunately I didn't get to go down. I woke up at 5am and it was pitch black and pouring down so figured it was best to stay in bed. Would have been nice though. At least I got to see her on her way out from onboard the Dawn.

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just got off the Sun Princess, and am back home. We found out the next morning about turning back to Sydney. Although a lot of people were awake and wondered why there were city lights. Captain came on later and made an announcement about what happened.

On the Saturday, while we were still crossing, we had another medical evacuation. They had to send a helicopter out, we were about 170 kms off NZ when it turned up at 6.45 pm. They cleared all the top decks right back to the Topsiders Bar and outside stairs. They kept changing the arrival times and the whole operation was pretty unorganised, from the passengers point of view. Though we were all allowed to stay on deck right up the front so we could watch. It was amazing to see it in action as the chopper couldn't land.

I will write a review in a couple of days on the whole cruise.

Katrina

Archived