Winterfest boat parade Dec. 15 in Fort Lauderdale

KnoxvilleSam

Winterfest Boat Parade -

In searching for things to do while we're in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise, I ran across the fact that the city sponsors a Winterfest Boat Parade (lit up for Xmas) on the New River and the Intercoastal on Saturday, Dec. 15. Does anyone know if this is a fun thing to do? Although I think you can just show up along the parade route and see the parade, you can also buy tickets for the grandstand. Information available at:

http://winterfestparade.com/index.cfm

Thanks,

Sam

It is tons of fun!

We're still trying to decide if we are going to go. If so, we'll just anchor out and watch the parade.

Are you going Bequia?

BTW, the food at Cafe Martorano in Vegas was amazing. It is worth all the hype.

I have not been to the Christmas boat parade in FLL, but have been to several in the Jacksonville/St Augustine area. We always enjoy them! There are at least three different ones we can attend relatively easily, and I always hope they are not scheduled on the same night.

Go - you'll have a great time!!

Thanks for confirming what I thought - that the boat parade would be fun. I remember 15 years ago or so attending an informal one in Lake Worth when visiting my in-laws at Xmas - daughter was about 8 or 9 then - but that one appears to be very small compared to the one now in Ft. Lauderdale.

Sam

Blue, I'm still debating whether or not to go to the Winterfest Parade. Over a million spectators descend on Ft Lauderdale for the parade and for as much fun as it is, I tend to run away.

I will however be going to the Candy Cane Parade on the Broadwalk in Hollywood Beach this Saturday night. It lasts for a couple of hours and some of the floats are quite impressive. The fireworks are not as impressive as those at the Winterfest Parade but it's a lot of fun none the less.

Glad you enjoyed Martorano in Vegas.

I just discovered Canyon on Sunrise Blvd, if you haven't been you've gotta go. Their fresh squeezed Prickly Pear margaritas are to die for. The food is outstanding. I wish I'd saved room for the dessert offerings.

http://www.canyonfl.com/

Archived