Coral Princess balcony doors

Go-Bucks!

Do the sliding doors on the Coral Princess balconies have screen doors? We'll be going on the Panama Canal full transit and would like to be able to keep the balcony door open at night without bugs coming in. We loved having the door open every night on our Alaska cruise because the weather was so warm. But there were no bugs - it was Sept. Hoping someone knows.

We went through the canal in Feb. and May and no bugs. Now that I say that there will probably be bugs when you go.;) But just remember it is very hot and humid around the canal area. You may want to keep your door closed for the air conditioner to work.

Marilyn

The reason I asked is that my daughter and her husband (who is from Panama originally) just got back from Panama 2 days ago after a 2 week land vacation. She said that it was very hot and humid and there were many bugs. She even had a picture of a lizard crawling around in the house they were staying in (his grandma's). The people like having these lizards in their homes because they eat the bugs that get in.

So I wondered if being in a hot and humid environment for this cruise (Aruba, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, and Mexico) would let bugs in the room if we wanted the door open at night. Doubt if we'd have it open during the day when the heat is bad. They have these "instant screens" that you can install quickly in order to keep doors open, so I was just thinking if one of those would be nice. But if there's no problem, then that's great!

We were on the Island Princess to Hawaii in March/April, but there was no screen door on our balcony. Glad to hear nobody had any mosquito problem on their Panama Canal cruises or other Central America stops along the way. Since ships are usually under way during the night, there might be a breeze and that might keep them away. But in those latitudes, night-time temperatures don't drop much and it's very humid (been there), so our balcony door stays closed so the air-conditioning can do its job. Furthermore, if there is a mosquito within 500 miles, it will find me!!

PS: Those lizards someone mentioned are geckoes. Wonderful little critters. We have them all over Arizona too. They can be found in Hawaii, Tahiti, many other places in or near the Pacific and they're considered good luck!:)

Returned 2 weeks ago no screen doors and few if any bugs on the land excursions and none on the ship at night (that we saw) but leaving the doors open can create quite a draft but we did it as well until we needed the air.

Archived