Princess travel insurance

Go-Bucks!

When we booked our next cruise the other day, the TA said that Princess offered travel insurance that would cost one of us $200 and the other one $250. This seems like alot. Our last cruise it cost $70 pp. The last cruise was 7 days and this next one is 14 days.

Does it depend on the length of the cruise? What would be a good price and where can I get it for a good price?

Thanks.

We've traveled alot and we never buy the cruise line insurance. Try tripinsurancestore.com. We've used them for the last 5 cruises we've done. They are knowledgeable, competitively priced and you get a live person every time you call. Thankfully, we haven't had to file a claim. Their web site give lots of info but talking to one of their great people will answer any questions you have. Good luck.

I just checked out the tripinsurancestore.com and got 10 comparison quotes. They ranged from $152-566, with an average of $242. The site says that it IS based on age and length of trip. My friend's quotes were higher than mine. So, I guess I'll probably get one of these - the website is very informative and they seem very willing to help.

Largin,

That's interesting - the TA said that my friend's cost was more because she's older. No matter what, though, the price is too high. Will keep looking.

Are you sure your TA quoted Princess Travel Care? Sounds like they may have quoted their own, independent insurance.

I just checked out the tripinsurancestore.com and got 10 comparison quotes. They ranged from $152-566, with an average of $242. The site says that it IS based on age and length of trip. My friend's quotes were higher than mine. So, I guess I'll probably get one of these - the website is very informative and they seem very willing to help.
Independant insurance is often age-based; Princess insurance is not. I agree with BurBunny that it sounds as if your TA was quoting something other than Princess insurance.

Archived