Looking for good binoculars

retiredAF

Hi:

We purchased 8x42 waterproof and fogproof Zhumell short barrell binoculars at Binoculars.com. They seem to be very clear, and fairly light for this size binoculars. They were $99 but listed for much more. I checked a bunch of reviews and other people seemed to like them. You could also consider the same model in 10x42. They come with a 25 year no fault warranty, if you can believe that.

Hope this helps.:)

we got one pair of zen-ray vista 8x42 for $88 based on the recommendation. We also got a toursaver coupon book for $80 there. It is very bright and clear and I believe they are waterproof. We just ordered a pair of 10x42 summit with a free 10x25. I am hoping to get them by next Wednesday.

We are cruising Alaska this spring and I would like to buy my husband a good pair of binoculars for Christmas. I have looked around but know nothing about them so was wondering if anyone has some recommendations.

Thanks for your help!

I bookmarked this tutorial from this board. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=550923

It is very informational and tought me and DH a great deal of how to use my binos.

If you are interested in marine wildlife, wide angle is necessary. For land animals, at least 10 power is necessary. So, although too bulky for most- I always bring my 10x50's which fits the above.

Try out several and see what feels the best and you like the most.

We are cruising Alaska this spring and I would like to buy my husband a good pair of binoculars for Christmas. I have looked around but know nothing about them so was wondering if anyone has some recommendations.

Thanks for your help!

I've done some binocular buying for my brother and his buddies in Afghanistan. I had luck with the Cabela's (cabelas.com) and Opticsplanet.net.

Archived