Any Info On The Sea Princess?

I have learned that the Sea Princess of the Princess line is going to be operating out of Southampton, England from next spring but I cant seem to find any info about this ship. Is it a brand new one or a renamed one perhaps?

I might try it out to compare it to RC who I have only ever cruised with.

Thanks!

It is now the P&O ship Adonia which is reverting back to Princess at the beginning of next year. It will be cruising in the Med and Baltic ports on 14 night cruises from Southampton. The ship will be 7 years old next year and is 77000 tons. We have looked at some of the deals on it but there are better deals about for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity sailing from the UK.

Hope this helps.

Scottish Lass

Arcadia 2001

Brilliance of the Seas 2002

Adonia 2002

Constellation 2003

Aurora 2003

Voyager of the Seas 2003

Summit 2004

Jewel of the Seas 2004

Golden Princess 2005

No wonder I couldn't find anything about it on the princess website.
They do have a little information about the ship, but they haven't made it easy to find. What you need to do is to search for Sea Princess itineraries. On the itinerary page, there is a link (through the ship's name) to some basic information about her.

However, there's little about her that you can't find out from looking at the pages for Sun Princess and Dawn Princess - they (along with Ocean Princess, now with P&O as Oceana) are four near-identical sister ships.

One other thing that it may be worth knowing about Sea Princess - although she will be back in the Princess fleet, her itineraries are to be designed to suit the UK market more than the US market. There's a heavy emphasis on 14-night cruises, to match the normal UK holiday cycle. And the plan is, I think, to market her more heavily in the UK than the other Princess cruises. The UK marketing line appears geared to UK cruisers who would prefer an American style cruise. So one would expect to see a bigger percentage of UK cruisers on board, which will inevitably have an effect on atmosphere and ambience.

That may be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view.

Archived