Pacific Princess info please

otogocruisin

The Pacific, Tahitian & Royal wre originally part of the Rennesance fleet. The Pacific holds about 670 passengers. We were on the Pacific in 2005, the Tahitian last year and the Royal last month. We love them all. They sail to the more exotic ports. If you go be sure to visit her library.

Otogo - what would you like to know? We were on the PP for a month last year and sailed on her sister ship (TP) for two weeks and are headed back for more on the TP.

We enjoy the smaller size of the ship and she seems to handle the seas very well. The cabins are actually larger than most of Princess's other ships and the interior of the ship is done with rich woods and brass inlay. She doesn't have an Anytime dining room - formal dining only - and her alterative restuarant has to swap between Sabatini's and Sterling's. She has a good amount of both interior and exterior dining at the Horizon, but the buffet is not open 24 hours - at night it becomes a bistro. There is a hamburger/hot dog 'bar' by the pool and no movie theater.

We will cruise on the PP or TP before any of the other Princess ships, that's how much we enjoy our time on them.

if you have any other questions, or would like to see photos, drop me an email at charliekirby@comcast.net

Cheers!

Charlie

Thanks for the great information. I love the idea of the smaller ship. Our favorite ship right now is the Sea Princess. We just sailed on Star and did not love it!!! I am just concerned about the way she handles the rough days at sea. We are thinking of taking the Holy Land cruise on Sept 5, 2008. Have you sailed at that time of the year and how did the Pacific handle it?

We just returned from more than 3 weeks on the Pacific Princess. Without a question, our favorite ship because of the size. A smaller ship gives a much more intimate feel to the cruise. We found the passengers and crew to be much more friendly than on the larger ships.

The ship is absolutely beautiful throughout and just spent a week in wet dock to have carpeting/bedding/etc replaced. The warmth of the wood and decor is so much more "homey" feeling. The staterooms are larger than the typical Princess ship (we had an outside and had lots more room than usual). Like a previous poster noted, do not miss the Library. It is remarkable.

As to movement, we had some days that were not as smooth as others, but overall, the ship cuts through rougher seas very well. Better in many ways than some of the larger ships.

I would sail the Princess, Tahitian or Royal in a heartbeat again! Enjoy

Does the Pacific Princess have the same awful flooring (on the balconies) as the Tahitian Princess? If so are there any balcony staterooms that have standard balconies that don't cut into your feet?

Also, does the Pacific Princess have the same extra charge "spa deck" options as the Tahitian Princess?

Lastly, can anybody comment on whether or not they experienced exhaust problems/strange fumes in their cabin (we experienced this on rear deck 8 on Tahitian Princess).

Jenn - the TP and the PP are exactly the same, same flooring, smae options, although we never had a problem with exhaust in any of our aft suites (we've been on the 6th and 8th decks) on board.

Otogo - We did the China Seas lst August during a typhoon and I felt that the ship did wonderfully - I get really seasick at the drop of a hat and I was okay. It was as smooth as the Grand was when we sailed the English Channel this past June and she has a lot more tonnage.

These are the only two ships that we look for the ship first and then check out the various itineraies. WE love these two ships!

Heard really good things about the Royal as well - another Renaissance ship.

Charlie

Jenn - the TP and the PP are exactly the same, same flooring, smae options, although we never had a problem with exhaust in any of our aft suites (we've been on the 6th and 8th decks) on board.

Charlie

Charlie,

Thanks so much for that statement-- the deckplans looked exactly the same and people say they are sister ships, but I wasn't sure if there were differences (e.g. the Royal got rid of all the minisuites!! :eek: ).

I'm not sure that many people have had problems with the Tahitian Princess.. but ours was significant enough to stay away from Deck aft 8 for the forseeable future.

The Royal Princess did "not get rid" of mini-suites. It is one of three R class ships that were built without minisuites. Azamara added them to their two R class ships.

The other five R class ships were built with mini-suites.

Archived