Split, Croatia

Hello everyone,

I'll be visiting Split, Croatia next April on the RCL Legend of the Seas and want to know if anyone has visited this port and did a trip to Trogir from here.

If so, did you take the ferry/boat or use the bus?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Twee

We were in Split in November. We took a RCI excursion to a national park that had beautiful waterfalls. About 45 minutes drive there....they have just put in major highways so its an easy drive...and always interesting to see the countryside. Barren and rocky...yet our driver told us they had just won an award for their wine!! Split itself looked like you'd expect a run-down former Communist city to look....definitely take an excursion out.

On our recent visit to Split with the Royal Princess, we took the ship's excursion that went to Trogir in the morning and then had a walking tour of Split on the return. It still left us enough time to explore Split on our own.

I would highly recommend visiting Trogir if you can. Croatia is lovely and we

enjoyed seeing more than just Split.

On our recent visit to Split with the Royal Princess, we took the ship's excursion that went to Trogir in the morning and then had a walking tour of Split on the return. It still left us enough time to explore Split on our own. I would highly recommend visiting Trogir if you can. Croatia is lovely and we enjoyed seeing more than just Split.
We did the same tour from the same ship, using Princess' bus tour. The guide was very good, and both towns were lovely--highly recommended.

Les

Plitvice lake national park with its many water falls is an UNESCO site so is the old town in Split. Split's old town is a living museum and is the world famous Diocletian's Palace. Both places are worth at least a day's visit in MHO. That is why after visitng Split on a cruise I went back last March for a land tour of 2 weeks of the beautiful and full of history Croatia.

Plitvice lake national park with its many water falls is an UNESCO site so is the old town in Split. Split's old town is a living museum and is the world famous Diocletian's Palace. Both places are worth at least a day's visit in MHO. That is why after visitng Split on a cruise I went back last March for a land tour of 2 weeks of the beautiful and full of history Croatia.
Thank you, from my relatives in Split, and my Croatian wife, try to go to Hvar, the most wonderfull Island I have seen, my sister inlaw lives there, also Drnis in the mountians behind Split. The lake nearby is fantastic full of trout that they catch with a rod in the morning for lunch and BBQ over wood, with salad and fries about 30 kuna or 7$.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Archived