Conquest about to leave galveston-weekly web visit !

rob6465

I'm going to go watch the live local radar now so I can see as a lovely ice storm moves in on us. Gosh I wish I was on board with them! Has to be more fun than this!

Yikes! That ice storm is headed for you? Midland lucked out and we have just had mist and fog and the temps are in the mid 30's. All the icy stuff is north of us. Take care and be careful! Foxnews earlier showed a dump truck or whatever it was going down a street, getting ready to spread sand or salt or whatever they use, and that truck start sliding sideways, right towards parked cars!!:eek:

I'm going to go watch the live local radar now so I can see as a lovely ice storm moves in on us. Gosh I wish I was on board with them! Has to be more fun than this!

Keep safe and warm!! Dream of cruises!!

:( I don't know what to do with myself now...:D

Track the storm and the ships - we need more webcams around the Caribbean, LOL!

Seriously though I feel like my season is over for my sports teams, I don't know what to watch now, LOL!

My work will certainly be happy tomorrow though that I am not on ship watch! :)

YEA for the Ecstasy! I'm so glad they were able to get their cruise underway.

And I have good news. I don't have to cancel my Ecstasy cruise! :) I'm taking a friend with me, who has never cruised before. She is soooo excited! Look out, Ecstasy Feb. 9!! :D

I cant believe I missed it leaving!!!!:(

I almost missed it!! I thought it would be staying the night like the Conquest did, then i clicked on the webcam again, and it was leaving!!:eek: Glad to see her leave, but now I have a "let down" kind of feeling, kind of like when vacation is over, or the day after Christmas!:D We all have to find something else to do now!:eek:

I missed seeing her leave, too. I was sitting right here at the computer, listing some stuff on ebay (my new way to feed my cruise addiction!). When I checked the webcam, she was gone! I must have missed it by only a few minutes. Oh well. At least she didn't have to stay in port all night. I hope both ships have smooth sailing all week, after their slow start.

Wow... they're going to set sail!!!

How cool is that!!

I was just about to call it a night and check on her in the morning when I saw her start to move!! :eek: I was so excited!! :D My Mom now officialy thinks I'm completely insane as I started jumping around and yelling "She's moving, She's moving!!". :o I was going to go to bed and worry all night and think about her but I got to go feeling happy for the pax and not worrying about anything except the exams I have to write at university today :( (already did one - 1 down, 1 to go!! :D ) I hope they have 2 great cruises (Conquest and Ecstasy) and everything goes smoothly for them next weekend!! :D When is Ecstasy supposed to get back to Galveston?

Ecstasy returns Saturday and Conquest on Sunday. This nationwide cold front is supposed to finally push through here tomorrow. We won't have the ice to deal with but the temperature will drop from the low 80's today to around 60 on Thursday. While this may mean a cold last afternoon for our fellow cruisers, no fog and hopefully no rain either this weekend. :)

Archived