WindSurf Dining

abenaki

Can anyone tell me about the dining opportunities aboard the WindSurf. I cannot find any information on their website. Is the food different in the smaller restaurant.... Does one have to reserve upon boarding, and are reservations difficult to get.... thanks, I am familiar only with the WindSpirit.

We finished our Wind Surf cruise yesterday, so our information is very current.

We'll start with dinner, so you actually need to choose your restaurant very early in the day. There are two restaurants, the main restaurant and Degrees, the alternative. The menus are diffent, and DEegrees has several menus during the week, including steak house, Italian, pan-European, and Caribbean. Signup for Degrees strarts at 8 a.m. in the "Yacht Club", so look at the menu early and decide where you want to eat. Menus are posted by the buffet restaurant and the main desk. Degrees fills up by lunch time.

Early breakfast is in the Compass Rose bar, with the breakfast buffet set up in the Veranda, and with seating on deck, in the Veranda, and in Degrees. You can order some items off a menu, and get the rest either from the buffet or from the waiter. Lunch is served the same way, in the same places.

There is also afternoon tea in Compass Rose, snacks at certain times in the Pool Bar, and room service. You won't go hungry.

The food is different in Degrees, but IMO, not any better really. Reservations go FAST! On our Med cruise this June, it was fully booked by 7:30 am many days, resulting in a lot of angry people at the desk complaining.

There should be information about dining on their webpage! Are you sure you are looking in the correct place?

The food is different in Degrees, but IMO, not any better really. Reservations go FAST! On our Med cruise this June, it was fully booked by 7:30 am many days, resulting in a lot of angry people at the desk complaining.

Agreed, generally not better (and, if anything, the appetizers weren't as good as in the dining room), but different. I'd make one exception to that statement. We've loved Indonesian food for more than 35 years, so we made sure we would not miss Indonesian night. It was lovely to see the waiters in their national clothing, and the food was great once Joe spiced it up with hot sauce and I put on peanut sauce. (They have to cook it mild, or people will complain.)Yum!

Archived