What to do with camera?

Darcy's Mom

What do people do with their cameras while they are swimming?

I thought I read somewhere about a security bag that can be attached to a table or a tree.

I can't remember what it was called to do a Search. Any ideas?

I've lived here most of my life and never had any trouble with 'snatching' on the beach in broad daylight.

We swim within sight of our towels and other beach stuff.

Just wrap the camera in your towel so it's out of sight

and more importantly out of the sun(heat!)

and you'll be okay.

Don't go drifting away half-a-mile' date='now..strolling up he beach without it..[/i']

I usually just leave my camera in a zip lock bag (to keep sand and moisture away, and tucked into my beach tote and out of sight when I'm swimming. Done that at various islands without a problem and not acually in Barbados - in Barbados we take the camera and all our gear on the Silver Moon with us - our favorite excursion and the best time we've had in Barbados.

Yes there is a small risk, but what else can you do? I do back up my pictures before leaving the ship each day if I can.

On our last cruise we actually brought a gallon size ziploc bag with us. We put our seapass cards, money and camera in it. We then very discreetly dug a shallow hole in the sand and buried the bag. Then we just put a leaf or rock right on top of the hole and then put our blanket on top of that. We love to snorkel and it gave us enough security that we felt okay leaving our stuff unattended.:)

On our last cruise we actually brought a gallon size ziploc bag with us. We put our seapass cards, money and camera in it. We then very discreetly dug a shallow hole in the sand and buried the bag. Then we just put a leaf or rock right on top of the hole and then put our blanket on top of that. We love to snorkel and it gave us enough security that we felt okay leaving our stuff unattended.:)

I'd never leave money or seapass card on the beach - I keep those in a small waterproof container like this one made by Witz: http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_970/Context_965/Sort_Price/DescSort_0/WTZSS.html?Hit=1

It is big enough to keep our seapass cards, drivers licenses, one credit card and our folding money in (although you have to roll the bills tightly around the cards. And keeps things pretty dry - and if they get damp everyone still takes the wet money! We do sometimes keep a few singles for tips in our bag, and not worry about those being left on the beach along with our camera - but other cash, credit cards, ID's & seapass cards? Never!

Archived