trolley ride

hargis

• 2 months later...

I took the Trolley Tour offered by Gray Line (sailed on NCL Spirit 2/17/08-2/24/08). The whole tour lasts 45 minutes and leaves at various times during the day (they'll assign you a time when you book the excursion). The trolley takes you through Puerto Barrios, and was a nice way to see the little town...but really, there isn't much to see. We drove past a church (which was old, but not that old), the markets (which would have been interesting if we could have gotten out and walked through them, but peering out at them from the trolley wasn't very satisfying) and a colorful graveyard. The seats on the trolley are pretty tight (I'm 5'4" and my knees where touching the seat in front of me). It's not airconditioned, so it can get a little warm, but they gave each of us a cold water, soda or beer 1/2 way through the trip (I tried the local beer, Gallo, and it was very good). If you really want to get a feel for the place, I'd suggest another tour - but if you're just looking for a quick, easy, less-expensive tour (and time to spend the rest of your day relaxing on the boat) this would be for you.

Archived