Can I book 5 online if in seperate rooms?

OregonGirlie

I'm trying to book early 2008 on RCCI Vision of the Seas for the Mexican Riviera.

We're looking at deck 7 for a balcony room and a interior room across the hall (which will sadly end up unused since we'll all sleep in the balcony room anyways).

Can I just book my husband and the boys in the balcony online, and then go ahead and book myself and my daughter in the interior online seperately? Is this going to be a pain for registration or on board? I'd really rather not deal with RCCI on the phone, or go to a travel agent if I don't have to.

We had 2 balcony rooms on our last cruise (since there's 5 of us), and ended up only using the one just fine. I figure for cost sake our 2nd unused room might as well be the cheapest one. The joined balconies was nice - but we'll survive with just the one LOL.

• Administrators

I would use the cruiseline or an agency for this kind of booking. They have the ability to tell the computer to do certain things (like linking the cabins and passenger dining assignments, so it's clear that the two cabins belong together). Individuals booking online can't make the same kind of links in the cruiseline's system.

I can tell you that you are able to link the reservations on RCCL's online booking system. I was just looking at my reservation yesterday and there is a new section that says "Linked Reservations"

When my friends and I travel together. I book it online myself. Then I call the cruiseline and tell them to link the reservations. But I see that now you can do that yourself on RCCL.com

BUT I would advise you to call RCCL and put a "Do Not Upgrade" order on your reservations. You don't want one cabin to be upgraded to another deck.

If you're thinking of using another online service (other than directly with RCCI), I can tell you about my experience. I use an online company, where I can search for cruises and then book specific cabins using a ship map. The first cruise I booked with them, I had to change my date shortly after booking. I had to call the online agency, and while I waited on hold, they called the cruiseline and made the arrangements I needed.

My advice, if you are using this type of online booking agency, is to do the bookings, then call the agency and explain that you need the bookings linked and ask them to please make sure that RCCL knows that you are a family travelling together.

Except for the date change, I have always made all other arrangements for myself - excursions, bar set up, frequent traveller arrangements, and that sort of thing. I've never had to do anything else that they told me required my agent to call, but based on my date change experience, the online agency is very easy to work with regardless.

Well I was hoping to book on the Jan 27th cruise.

On RCCI I can book myself & 3 kids into a D1 balcony room. But on RCCI there are no interior cheapo rooms available.

On Expedia I can book DH into the cheapo interior room, but not me & the kids into a D1?

Is it really bad if I book these seperately - but then call RCCI and ask them to link us for dinner reservations?

Just trying to get the best deal so we can cruise soon. :) We're impatient.

I would book at least 2 people into each room. Otherwise, you'll pay 200% for the single person.

I was going to say go ahead and do the reservations separately, but there are a couple of issues doing it the way you've suggested. By booking one through the RCCL website and one through Expedia, you will not be able to address any linking issues with a single provider. RCCL will not discuss any issues with the Expedia-booked cabin with you. You will have to go through Expedia for that. Likewise, Expedia will not be able to do anything with the RCCL booked cabin.

Theoretically, you would be able to link the two reservations yourself online though. But, you do can't link the cabins together. When I book 2 cabins using a TA or RCCL or online, I get 2 reservation numbers anyway. Just note the reservation number and either call RCCL to link the reservations or you can do it on the website. Just scroll down on the main page of one of the reservations to the Preferences section. On the website though, it only gives you the options of linking one or more of: hotel, air, and dinner. It doesn't allow you to link the cabins together. :confused:

Decide for yourself if the monetary savings are worth the potential hassle.

Boulders

Thanks!

I've spent HOURS fiddling around with bookings online. I've found ecruises works best for us. It lets me book a child of 20 months online, and the prices are good.

I'm looking at me & my baby girl in an interior, and DH & the boys in a balcony. Ecruises seems to be able to handle both bookings - so I'd be booking through one provider. Which is much less hassle definately!

So once I've made my 2 reservations (once I decide on RCI or Princess now that I've looked at them...) all I do is call them (ecruises?) and ask to link our reservation so we can eat dinner at the same table? :)

Thank you so much!

Thanks!

I've spent HOURS fiddling around with bookings online. I've found ecruises works best for us. It lets me book a child of 20 months online, and the prices are good.

I'm looking at me & my baby girl in an interior, and DH & the boys in a balcony. Ecruises seems to be able to handle both bookings - so I'd be booking through one provider. Which is much less hassle definately!

So once I've made my 2 reservations (once I decide on RCI or Princess now that I've looked at them...) all I do is call them (ecruises?) and ask to link our reservation so we can eat dinner at the same table? :)

Thank you so much!

If you can get the same prices by going through the cruise line I would just call the cruise line. Why go through some other web site just to avoid calling the cruise line because if for whatever reason you need to make a change to the reservation I think it would be easier to deal with the cruise line. Now, you might be getting a better price and if that's the case it makes sense but if the price is the same why not just call the cruise line.

Keith

The place I found is several hundred dollars cheaper than the cruise line directly. The difference in Princess vs online TA is about 2/3 the cost of our airfare, otherwise I would call Princess directly. :(

Yeah that would make sense. RCCL doesn't allow any discounts from any travel agencies, online or not. So you would be paying the same by going thru a TA or thru RCCL directly. The only thing a TA can do is to add special perks to the cruise (like a bottle of wine or something)

Archived