VIP/Platinum? What is it?

BluexMoon

05/18/2006 spacer.gifMIAMI (May 18, 2006) – Carnival Cruise Lines has introduced a new loyalty program providing past guests with a variety of value-added benefits and features, including priority embarkation and debarkation, guaranteed supper club reservations and dining times, personalized stationery and custom-designed Carnival logo items.

Available exclusively to “Platinum” cardholders who have sailed aboard the “Fun Ships” 10 or more times, the new “Carnival Concierge Club” benefits are designed to recognize and reward those longtime Carnival guests for their loyalty over the years.

“Carnival is committed to the highest standards of guest service and hospitality. The new ‘Carnival Concierge Club’ is just one more way of showing our appreciation to our loyal past guests by making their ‘Fun Ship’ cruise even more special and memorable,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:

* Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin one evening

* Personalized stationery

* A special Carnival logo item

* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament

* Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment upgrade

* Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

* Priority tender boarding

* Priority embarkation and debarkation

Additionally, a fully staffed concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the purser’s information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.

Special luggage tags indicating guests are “Carnival Concierge Club” members are included in guests’ cruise documents. “Carnival Concierge Club” members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.

For additional information on the new “Carnival Concierge Club” and reservations on Carnival’s “Fun Ship” cruises, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/concierge_club.aspx

This may be a silly question, but how do you become a VIP/Platinum member?

VIP and Platinum are different things. VIP you can get if you book a suite and it gives you only Priority boarding. Platinum you get when you board the ship on your 10th carnival cruise. Platinum gives you VIP and a whole lot more.

VIP and Platinum are different things. VIP you can get if you book a suite and it gives you only Priority boarding. Platinum you get when you board the ship on your 10th carnival cruise. Platinum gives you VIP and a whole lot more.

You said it brother!

The short answer is you really have to like Carnival.

It's a great program and I personally feel that the entire cruise industry as a whole is missing out. They should apply this benefit to 10 sailed cruises no matter what cruise line you sailed with.

That way everyone wins and it encourages cruising.

The short answer is you really have to like Carnival.

It's a great program and I personally feel that the entire cruise industry as a whole is missing out. They should apply this benefit to 10 sailed cruises no matter what cruise line you sailed with.

That way everyone wins and it encourages cruising.

I agree...it seems to me that people who like cruising, cruise often. Sometimes though, itinerary, cost and length of cruise make the decision on which cruiseline/ship to sail. It would be nice if all of the cruiselines could recognize a "seasoned' cruiser and offer their frequent sailer's perks. I imagine coordinating the database would be a gargantuan feat though.

We sail all the main cruiselines. Each offers us a different perspective and depending on the reason for the vacation, we flip flop between them all!

I agree...it seems to me that people who like cruising, cruise often. Sometimes though, itinerary, cost and length of cruise make the decision on which cruiseline/ship to sail. It would be nice if all of the cruiselines could recognize a "seasoned' cruiser and offer their frequent sailer's perks. I imagine coordinating the database would be a gargantuan feat though.

We sail all the main cruiselines. Each offers us a different perspective and depending on the reason for the vacation, we flip flop between them all!

That is a good point, but you also have to look at the cruise line's perspective. They offer those perks to entice you back onto their ships, not another company's.

That is a good point, but you also have to look at the cruise line's perspective. They offer those perks to entice you back onto their ships, not another company's.

Good point, but I'm sure there are others out there like me, who don't use these perks as a deciding factor about what vacation to take.

It was VERY nice...the free laundry was especially a nice perk, and I noticed when you flash that beautiful platinum card, the staff perks up just a bit.

My only warning is, be careful when you go ahead of the line to the "platinum guest only" area at the pursers. Platinums get priority service, but trust me, the rest of the crowd will NOT understand or care and it could be an unpleasant experience (it was for me). Next time I'll just get in the back of the line...

I LOVE the goodies and gifts you receive, and having our own comfy lounge and getting priority embarcation processing; Carnival was late to the repeater rewards thing but they really do it up well now.

Mitch

"entice you back on their ships"..............puuuuuleeez!

Carnival owns practically all of them, anyway......They should crossmatch all travels on cruiselines and give you credit for them......

Maybe I don't like Carnival but I like their upscale products.......I should be credited for the ones I take that are owned by the "Big Brother" company! :cool:

Carnival owns practically all of them, anyway......They should crossmatch all travels on cruiselines and give you credit for them......

Maybe I don't like Carnival but I like their upscale products.......I should be credited for the ones I take that are owned by the "Big Brother" company! :cool:

I completely agree, why Carnival Corp doesn't allow credit for all their lines cruises is beyond me. Seems like this would give them a huge edge over RCCL & NCL.

Any theories to why they don't allow cross-line credits?

Platinum Perks are great, but there are some pitfalls to be aware of. First gripe is that they give you the same gift in your Stateroom, no matter how many times you cruise. We are the proud owners of at least 7 Concierge Club bags (they are nice though). Additionally, the priority debarkation only applies to a few of the ports......for example, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami allow ALL folks who are carrying all of their luggage (self assist) to leave the ship first. Repeated letters to Carnival have not improved the situation. Port Canaveral and Tampa do it best....if you are Platinum, you are off the ship first, before ANYONE else.

So, it ain't perfect, but it's pretty good!

Sorry folks, I should have been more specific. I meant that the companies want you back. I totally agree that a cruise on Princess, Cunard, Costa, (etc.) should count on your Carnival past cruises list. I only meant that they probably will never give you credit for business given to other companies.

Sorry folks, I should have been more specific. I meant that the companies want you back. I totally agree that a cruise on Princess, Cunard, Costa, (etc.) should count on your Carnival past cruises list. I only meant that they probably will never give you credit for business given to other companies.

2 more cruises after next week and we're there!

Kevin - Legend - 12-16-07!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived