Moving Monarch/Vision

AZDENNY

The Monarch's were outclassed by the Paradise, The base oceanview and inside cabins were miniscule compared to the Paradise. Believe me, I'm no fan of Carnival after the marginal food and service I received on the Gaudy Pride, but RCI has to do better than the Monarch.

I am going to miss the Monarch 3/4 nighters in a HUGE way...even if you don't go on them that often...you know you can get a cruise fix quickly if you need it!

I agree completely. My wife and I have done a three of the short cruises from LA and we like Royal Caribbean the best.

However, a group of ladies from work are now making an annual weekend cruise (just finished the second annual) and their two page double spaced report was on my desk this morning.:D

They went on Monarch in 07 and just got back last week from Paradise. They said that the deserts were better on Carnival and their inside cabins were huge compared to Monarch. They did say both were fun, but people seemed to be more in a party mood on Carnival. As most people here know, Monarch and her two sisters have some of the smallest cabins available on any major line.

For me, I don't want to take my short cruise business to Carnival. I'm hoping that RCI will bring another ship to LA when the new schedules come out. (Okay, I'm praying that they do!!!!)

I love the Monarch too for the reasonably priced 4 day getaway without paying for a flight. The cabins are small, but I have only sailed in the SO, JS, and GS, so I don't have to deal with that. I sailed the Paradise once in an ocean view cabin, and it was much larger than the insides and ocean views on Monarch. When I sail, I pick the Monarch, but if I'm sailing with someone is a lower cabin category, we would sail on the Paradise. Now we won't have the choice, as we'll be stuck with the Paradise. I don't dislike that ship. It's ok. It's just that I love the staff and the feel of the Monarch. I am heartbroken, and am already pricing the Paradise for next year's Sping Break.

Archived