little things you do differently the next time you cruise RC!

obsessedsc

What booze is in a Washington State Apple Martini?

Well, I am not sure about the proportions, but there is Canadian whiskey, sour apple schnapps and cranberry juice. Tastes JUST like a red delicious apple.

It's on the menu at the following address:

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/2783026#P-3-15

Mike

I wasted almost 3 precious hours the last day packing and organizing our suitcases' date=' next time I will re-pack and stay organized so this will not happen again!

[/quote']

I don't care how my clothes look COMING home. Never takes me more than 15 minutes to pack, I throw everything in any which way and if I can zip the suitcase, I'm done.:D

Bring a highlighter too' date=' so that you can easily see what you want to do. The compass is so chok full of activities that we've planned before and have gotten involved with other things and totally forgot about what we wanted to do in the first place:eek: . The highlighter helps jog our memory. [i']Getting old I guess[/i] :p

Have you seen the cool little highlighters that you can hang on a lanyard? I know lots of folks use the lanyard/badge holder things on cruises, so thought that might be helpful! I wear one at work and always keep my mini-highlighter attached!

i am in my fifties, and I can barely make it past 10:30. most shows i have one drink and then i am dozing off...but if you look around the room, so are alot of other people!

we are definitely packing lighter this time (husband isn't going so I won't have to bring all his extra "just in case stuff"), have seldom had to use the extras, and can buy anything you need in an emergency onboard (except a contact case we found out once!)....

have a great trip!

Beverly

(every other day, we put our bath towels and hand towels on the floor to be replaced)?:)

Are you sure they were replaced and not just hung back up? Maybe you were actually re-using your dirty towels . . eeewwww . . .

(I couldn't resist). :D

There have been plenty of threads about sharing soda cards. I'm certainly not the only one who feels that it's stealing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=457980

Sharing a purchased canned soda is entirely different than sharing a drink from the soda card. I'm surprised anyone tries to make that comparison. I'll borrow a comment from this thread. If you went to a restaurant for dinner and ordered an entree, you could happily share with whoever you like. If you were at a buffet, you certainly could not share your food. It's the same thing.

Go ahead and laugh. I guess it's foolish to follow the rules.

No one is laughing at you, we simply disagree with your rather extreme point of view.

But please let me get this straight. You think that if I go to Sorrentos, get a glass of Sprite in my Soda Package Container thingy then walk back to my room and share it with my DW. I am guilty of committing theft against RCI?:confused:

I would suggest that the RCI position is that if you purchase only one package then you are entitled to receive one drink per request at a soda outlet wherever on the ship that maybe. (If you asked a barman for two well that's a different story)

Once that drink has been handed over to you by the barman then you are free to do whatever you wish with that drink.

I may be wrong but I would suggest that at some point in your life you may have exceeded the speed limit on a local road for example? My point is the world isn't a perfect place, it isn't whiter than white and I can think of a large number of reasons to call someone a thief, but not in this instance whatsoever.

I would suggest this is an example of bending the rules at worst!

'i was trying so hard to ignore that previous comment!'

OMG!!! I was reading this and thinking the same thing...then I saw where you live! I am from Charleston! Great minds think alike!!! I will say that if we all have the time to sit around and read this mess, then we should all be thanking our lucky stars that we are soooo blessed! Have a Meeeerrrryyyy Christmas!!!!! FLAME ON....

I think the "fuel surcharge" that was added onto my booked after I'd booked and paid a deposit is the theft and....

the fact I am not allowed to bring what is mine, alcohol, onto the ship and that I am forced to pay double for drinks is theft.....

as consumers we are "ripped" off constantly, this is why RCCL doesn't keep a bar code on those drink mugs and monitor whos fillling it up, it's really a loosely guarded rule, and yes, most ppl comply, which is enough to keep it going by RCCL. If everyone started to share drink cards....well then....they would still make a profit because it is cheap! Now if I ripped off someones mug and was filling it up, THAT is theft!

but you are entitled to your opinion and we all thank you for complying! and by the way, I'm a major rule follower, never cut in line, never hurt people.....

oh forgot.....

1 - I will not over plan, we just throw my plans out anyway....

2 - I will never travel the day of the cruise

3 - I will hot tub after I work out in the gym in the morning while babies, and kids are sleeping

4 - I will order more room service

5 - I will play bingo

6 - I will take ONLY 3 pairs of shoes period - plus the ones I wear

7 - I will seek out new friends more

8 - I will NEVER miss an art auction - free champagne

9 - I will bring my mini binoculars - you can see whales, dolphins and other stuff, oh my

10 - I will never miss a meal in the dining room, full service dinner with my husband - we don't get that at home.....

Ah! I’m not going to stress about my alcohol tab at all!

No kid! No driving! My DH and I are going to relax and have a great stress free week! We always try to have a drink it every bar. ;)

I so want to see a sun rise out on my balcony. Seen a few sunsets…never a sun rise….that is on my list!

My DH & I always share a drink or bite of each others food/drink. I would think that at least 75% of the population share…. “here try this” ring a bell? :cool:

We used that shopping book as an “amazing race” type thing and made a game of it. It was fun, but won’t buy it again.

Each cruise I pack less and less…this one is no exception….I have to lug my own…enough said

I so can’t wait until we go. :D

Always try and book an aft cabin, had our first on NOS last week 7688. It was huge could see the back and from the side.

Take another Voyager class cruise the ship is fantastic, we are still talking about how great our cruise was.

This thread started out wonderful...is there even one thread anymore that stays with the subject?

:mad:

OP..I for one would really like to know more about islands you can ferry to or where you get the information. That sounds like it would be alot of fun and kind of off the beaten path.

HEY! for example...when we got to st. Thomas we took a ferry to st. john (our new favorite place in the entire world) there was an excursion through the cruise line for this

on our cruise this summer on the freedom we are going to ferry from St. Thomas to TORTOLA and then either to St. Barths or Anguilla from St. Maarten....unfort. the ship doesn't have excursions to do this so i'm trying my best to start planning it now (don't want to get stuck over there). I have a friend in Tortola on vacation this week and i asked him to check into the ferries and tell me which one seems to be the most reliable. The hardest part is picking a beach at these islands...lots of time spent at barnes and noble and on google!!!

I just hope they have a royal caribbean voyager or freedom class ship (out of the EAST COAST U.S.) going to southern caribbean soon. i dont like to fly and i'm dreaming of Grand Turk and St. Lucia and Barbados, and Aruba and several other islands!!

Ah! I’m not going to stress about my alcohol tab at all!

No kid! No driving! My DH and I are going to relax and have a great stress free week! We always try to have a drink it every bar. ;)

i like that suggestion to have a drink at every bar!! (now, this is why i started this thread- some good ideas)...that reminded me of another tip!

if you are fortunate enough to get a spectacular view of the water in the dining room (early seating by the window) rotate one seat to the left or right every night so everyone gets a different view!! we did this on the voyager and it was a lot of fun!

oh forgot.....

1 - I will not over plan, we just throw my plans out anyway....

i am a virgo and i'm always planning...my goal is to let myself know when formal nights are and where i'm going when we are at the ports but not to go to cruisedailies.com and write down when every show is all other details and create my own compasses pre-cruise (yes i did that last summer)

also i have to learn to take less pictures...sometimes i get so caught up in where the next Kodak moment is going to be that i miss out on the relaxing part of being at a beautiful and exotic beach!

Gimme' a break. :rolleyes:

Soda should be free. Do you have any idea how cheap that stuff is? They should just add a dollar to everyone's ticket and do away with the whole "package" thing entirely.

I do know how cheap it is, less than a nickle per soda poured. This is why I refuse to buy a soda card. RCI could charge half the price and still come out ahead.

Besides if you tip your bartenders well, they don't charge you for sodas. Is this stealing?

i forgot and would like to add to my previous list.....

6. try to stay awake past midnight:D

the op is in her 20's and we're in our 50's and 60's. we are usually back in the cabin by 12.....everynight.

lol. i think we only made it past 12 once or twice and one of them i fell asleep trying to keep up!! i like to blame it on the sun...sure does wear you out!

'i was trying so hard to ignore that previous comment!'

OMG!!! I was reading this and thinking the same thing...then I saw where you live! I am from Charleston! Great minds think alike!!! I will say that if we all have the time to sit around and read this mess, then we should all be thanking our lucky stars that we are soooo blessed! Have a Meeeerrrryyyy Christmas!!!!! FLAME ON....

Merry Christmas to you too! i really am just trying to ignore it...it'd be different if i had 5 kids and expected them to all share a soda card....i wouldn't do that!

People having different opinions doesn't bother me. What bothers me is people taking over a thread to "scold" others. We are all adults. To each his own. I seriously doubt that I would agree with every decision you made in your life. It's not up to me to tell you what to do or not do. I definitely think there are more important things in life then to tell another adult what rules to follow while on vacation.

My God... How often I thought those same words, regarding this site.

Like the ancient librarian who only has her job and nothing else in the world... When people come to Cruise Critic for advice and support and all they get is grief from someone who takes it all WAY too seriously.

From reading so many replies here (and not just in this thread)... It's staggering, the amount of people here who need a vacation.

I will bring a t-shirt and a Sharpie. Prior to the cruise, I will write on the t-shirt with the Sharpie...

"LEGEND OF THE SEAS BAR CRAWL"

I will get bartenders to sign the shirt.

Great idea!! That will go good with having a drink in every bar!! :)

Archived