Eneloops

jerseyjk

Anyone had any experience with the new(ish) Sanyo Eneloop NiMH AA batteries? Bought DD a P&S for Christmas which is supposed to eat Alkalines. I've read some positive stuff on the Eneloops ability to last (not be seen as half dead by the equipment) and not self-discharge.

Before I spend the $25+ on a charger and $15 on 8 AA NiMH batteries, I thought I'd see if anyone had any experience using these buggers.

Any info appreciated.

Low-discharge NIMH batteries are just about the best of both worlds. Ready to go after sitting in the bag for 6 months and rechargeable 500 times.

The Sanyo Eneloop, Kodak Pre-Charged, MAHA Imedion and Ansemann Max-e are all good quality batteries from respected manufacturers. I use the MAHA AA batteries for my flash units and it's just great to pull the extra set out after a few months and just use them!

Two thumbs up from me!

Dave

Agreed! The Eneloops work quite well. I have 3 digital cameras and 2 Sunpak flashes that I use them in. With their ability to hold a charge for long periods of time, I now use them in my wireless keyboard/mouse and TV remotes. I use both the AA and AAA sizes. ;)

Archived