Bring my own?

We're off on Saturday on the Liberty and I'm trying to pack as little as possible...how are the blow dryers ladies? I really don't want to bring my own but if they're hit or miss I will. Just joined CC this month and you all have been so helpful!! thanks in advance!

We're off on Saturday on the Liberty and I'm trying to pack as little as possible...how are the blow dryers ladies? I really don't want to bring my own but if they're hit or miss I will. Just joined CC this month and you all have been so helpful!! thanks in advance!

I didn't take mine on Majesty in October and I wished I had the whole trip. The ones on majesty were 1600w (mines a lot higher then that) and it kept over heating...If you can take yours I would tell you its worth it...but thats just me!

When we cruised to Alaska on the Radiance in September, I used the hairdryer in the bathroom, although I always carry one just in case. However, I am a man, so I'll let the women discuss their preferences.:)

Just got back from FOS and I didn't take mine. We were in a JS and I was having a fit, thinking there was no hair dryer in the cabin. Low and behold on the second day I found it. It was in the top dresser drawer and is connected inside the drawer. It had plenty of power, but you had to hold the lever down all the time you were using it. Probally worth doing that versus hauling my big dryer around. It worked fine for my hair but I do have shorter hair.

I always say the same thing every post like this : "if you have shoulder length hair or longer, bring your own hair dryer!!! ;) (like me!)

Especially if you have 2 or more in your stateroom., they take forever and are not powerful. It's totally worth it IMO.

Another tip, bring your own "airline 3 ounce approved toiletries as well." (shampoo, razors, toothpaste, soap, body wash etc...) :)

The ship's dryers get hot enough, but they just don't have the blowing power of a home dryer. You don't want to heat the hair to the burning point--you want to "blow" the water off the strands!

Bring your own, unless your hair is thin and sparse!

I bring my own hairdryer even though they have them there.

We also are on the Liberty this Saturday!!!!:D Hope Olga will be gone by then so we can have some nice weather.

Liberty OS 12/07

Crown Princess 12/06

Carnival Libery 12/05

Mariner OS 12/04

Radiance OS 12/03

Carnival Imagination 12/02

I bring my own hairdryer even though they have them there.

We also are on the Liberty this Saturday!!!!:D Hope Olga will be gone by then so we can have some nice weather.

Olga is long gone. Here is a link to the NOAA.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT2+shtml/130233.shtml?

There is a very active thread of CC members going on your cruise, and you can find us here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=457259&page=22

We have a Meet and Mingle on the first sea day at 10:15 waaayyyy up in the sky. We would love to have you sign up & join us.icon7.gif

Happy Cruising,

Alan

Archived