Ships Boutique

Takyla

We have been staunch supporters of Oceania and just completed our 2nd cruise on Insignia on November 24th in Barcelona. Everything about the cruise was wonderful, food, service, staterooms, etc. We now have a complaint...while on a private excursion to Giza, we bought "personalized cartouches" from our tour company and they were delivered to our hotel (we stayed overnight in Cairo) that same evening.

When we returned to the ship, we discovered that we had left off two very important friends from our order. The gift shop on the ship was offering the cartouche, so we ordered two personalized from the ship. Our order was placed around November 18-19. Shortly before our arrival in Barcelona, they delivered one and said that they had so many orders, they would send us the second one within 14 days. We agreed to this arrangement and our shipboard account was charged that day.

After 14 days when we didn't receive the cartouche, we emailed "O" on December7th and received an automatic response that they had received our email. On December 12th, when we hadn't received a response, we called customer service and were told that there was no one there that could help us and that customer service had 5 days to respond.

We called today, now 21 days after we debarked in Barcelona and we were told that "they are very busy" and that they take inquiries in the order that they are received, however we were given an extension where we left a message.

I'm assuming that the gift shop is probably a franchise operation and not Oceania, however we're not happy with the gift shop and now not very happy or impressed with customer service in Miami. Hope someone from "O" reads these posts and can take some action to correct this situation.

If so please email me at ccjuaro@dc.rr.com

I'm assuming that the gift shop is probably a franchise operation and not Oceania, however we're not happy with the gift shop and now not very happy or impressed with customer service in Miami. Hope someone from "O" reads these posts and can take some action to correct this situation.

I just wonder if you have a receipt from the shops with the name of the shops contractor?

Maybe you can contact them directly.

I agree the H.O. in Miami is Oceania's weakest link.

The ships seem to run very well but not the offices.

Maybe they need intensive training at the office ;)

Since it was charged to your final shipboard bill, dispute the bill with your credit card company, pointing out to them that a portion of the bill was for undelivered merchandise. They, in turn, will investigate and seek a response from Oceania. It might take awhile but this route is usually pretty effective.

Archived