Cozumel and Calica

LakerMom

We will be sailing on the "Holiday" July 2008. I am looking into excursions. I noticed that everyone talks about Play Mia while in Cozumel and seems like it is a great place to spend the day. Our ship also stops at Calica. I realize when I look at the maps that Cozumel and Calica seem real close.

I am interested in doing the Dune Buggy excursion but that is listed for Cozumel and it looks like Play Mia is listed for Cozumel as well. What is recommended to do while in Calica?

Any Ideas?

I really do not think it is worth your time and aggravation catching the ferry back to Cozumel. I actually prefer the beaches of Playa del Carmen to the beaches of Cozumel. If you want a beach club atmosphere try Mamitas Beach Club at 28th street. You will not be disappointed.

Calica is on the mainland and Cozumel is the island. Ferry takes about an hour each way if you want to go from one to the other.

There is nothing in Calica at all, simply the port. But it is very close to Playa del Carmen or you can head the other direction to Xel Ha or Tulum.

It seems like there is so much opportunity to do things it is hard for me to decide. Since our cruise ship "Holiday" makes the two stops at Cozumel and Calica, I was trying to figure out which stop would be better for beaches and which stop would be better to do an excursion. I will have my husband and three kids ages 21, 19 and 15 with me. I need make sure and keep everyone happy!

Thanks for the information.

We will be sailing on the "Holiday" July 2008. I am looking into excursions. I noticed that everyone talks about Play Mia while in Cozumel and seems like it is a great place to spend the day. Our ship also stops at Calica. I realize when I look at the maps that Cozumel and Calica seem real close.

I am interested in doing the Dune Buggy excursion but that is listed for Cozumel and it looks like Play Mia is listed for Cozumel as well. What is recommended to do while in Calica?

Did you also notice that not everyone has positive things to say about Playa Mia?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi... I went to Calica back in April and we spent our day with Edventure Tours. It's a family owned business and I just cannot begin to say enough good things about our experience with them. Here is a link to their myspace site that has all of there info including contact number, website, etc.

We spent 7 hours with them and I believe it was only $65 per person. We had to purchase our own lunch, but they picked us up at the port and also provided all snorkel gear. I cannot wait to return there soon!!!!

Good Luck!

p.s. Tell them the Houstons from Michigan sent ya :-)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=212454406

Archived