The 1st Ever LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the MS Oosterdam Dec 15th -22nd

LAFFNVEGAS

Such fun reading your posts, Lisa. Sounds like you are having a grand time, as always.

We're like you and don't usually go to the barbeque. We like going to the dining room.

Neve having been to Cabo or Matzalan etc, I enjoy your descriptions of the usually jam of taxi drivers/independent tour folks at the docks. The shopkeepers sound the same as some of the Caribbean Islands.....no shock there!!! :) Even some of the same stores. :D

Continue to enjoy and thank you for sharing your good time with us.

Lisa ... thanks so much for your running summary of your trip on the Osterdam. I am enjoying them so much!!!!

We have already had a couple of ice storms here in NY and my DH now regrets that we didn't book a cruise in January. At least, reading your daily reports makes us a little warmer. Continue having a great time on your 2nd home ... the OOSTERDAM.

Lisa -

I'm really enjoying reading this thread! Sure makes me wish I was back onboard!

Would you please go to "our" cabin, 5187, and look behind the dresser closest to the balcony, and under the bed, for Jeff's prescription sunglasses? LOL! I'm just kidding. But Jeff really did lose his sunglasses last trip, he swears somewhere in the room.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and that beautiful ring to remember it by!

Mary

Tuesday December 18th, 2007

Good Evening from the MS Oosterdam somewhere in the Pacific between Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.

You know this cruising thins is really hard work for some reason with eating and drinking so much I tend to get really tired. Karin we need you to cruise with us to get us out of our normal routine.

After I last wrote I headed back to the cabin where I spent the remaining afternoon out on the verandah reading. The sun was shining on the verandah so it felt nice and warm, other wise I felt it was a bit cold. I would guess the high was maybe 65 degrees at best. When I had been checking the weather forecast prior to leaving it looked like we would have temps in the mid 80’s.

Dinner was definitely a Dutch night Theme without the Dutch Hats. There were Dutch favorites like Dutch Pea Soup, Brisket of Beef with Hodge Podge, Lekkerbekjes Cod Fish which Tom said was very good. And of course listed un Master Chef Rudi Sodamin’s Recommendations was Nasi Goreng Rijsttafel. I myself had the Pea Soup and the Oriental Chicken Salad, let’s just say I doubt I would order the salad again it was just fair but to be truthful I was really not that hungry. We had a big lunch at Ponchos so with dinner at 6:15 I was just not that hungry. I am getting to the point in the week that I am tired of eating. Tomorrow we have dinner reservations for the Pinnacle at 8 PM and are taking our friend Julie. I plan to have some fruit in the morning from the Pinnacle then attempt to skip lunch. I was to be able to enjoy tomorrow evenings dinner. We did enjoy a very good bottle of Pinot Grigio for dinner this evening then I topped it off with the cordial of the day which was a Chocolate Covered Cherry. I ended up putting it in my coffee and it was delicious. I needed to get the Cordial because a few months ago I was cleaning and I accidentally knocked over my old one I had and it shattered. The one I had before had the amber colored bubble in the bottom and the HAL logo was etched in. This one has a red bubble but the HAL logo is painted on. It is not as nice as the etched one.

This evening after dinner we met up with our friend Julie and she had recently been on the Statendam in Australia so she brought out her laptop and we enjoyed some of her pictures. The pictures of her with the Baby Koala Bear were so cute. One of these days I would love to take that cruise.

This evening when we returned to our cabin we found an invitation to the Mariner’s Brunch for Thursday (Not Friday) at 11 AM so at this point I am guessing that they will also do a Suite Luncheon instead of combining them like it was done on the Noordam. Now interestingly enough this invitation says to bring it for entrance to the luncheon. When we had been to the luncheon on the Noordam in September all those that were close to 100 days or more were given table assignments. This time we do not have a table assignments. I have spoke to a good many that are Mariners and many with a lot of days. Like I mentioned yesterday a good many of them were at the VIP Party and were wearing the Copper, Silver and Gold Pins.

Well, tomorrow is the day that we are going to spend at the Krystal Resort and I am getting a 90 minute massage for $50. Since there are several of us that decided to do this for the Yum Yum Man cruise early in the morning before going to LaPalapa I thought it was my duty as the 2nd God Mother of the Oosterdam to check this place out and try the massage. We would not want any of the Yum Yum Man Worshippers getting a bad deal on a massage right? This is a tough assignments but someone has to do it.;)

Signing off from the Beautiful MS Oosterdam.:)

I admit Lisa, I have a real problem with that sleep thing too!! On a ship at sea, I just want to sleep and sleep:rolleyes:....it's got to be the rocking motion of the ocean, I swear I sleep my best there!:D

Let us know how your investigative assignment goes manana!!;) :D

We just got off the Oosterdam on Dec. 15th (the day you boarded), so its fun to read your posts....... seems as if we are still cruising! Weather was cool and drizzly for us the first 2 days, sea's out of S.D and into the 2nd day were rocky. In Cabo the rain stopped, sea's calmed, but cold wind blew. Our best friends joined us (first time cruisers, who LOVED it)which

was fun. Lisa and Jill went and played with the dolphins at the dolphin encounter. They had a wonderful experience petting, kissing and riding on Ricardo. The 4 of us then headed to Cabo Wabo for lobster taco's (great) and

beer. We hadn't been to Cabo in 5 yrs, and you are right, this town has grown. The waterfront area was really nice- not really Mexico, more Solvang,

but clean and very little bother from the very pesky vendors. We also commented that they are much more intense than a few years back, but have always thought Mazatlan was the worst of the ports for that. Our weather cleared up as we docked there- the girls did the free taxi to the gold zone, which in the end didnt think it was worth it. It's a fun ride back and forth, but forget the shopping- lousey. Seems all the taxi drivers have a "deal" for you! Mike and I went sports fishing- with only a few small fish caught. In PV, it was warm and sunny. We did the excursion to Las Calletas. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The drinks flowed, the water too cold to swim in, but fun to look for shells. They have great trails that wind thru the jungle, and colorful parrots flying around. Food buffet was excellent! Pepe, our

catamaran and island "host" was great- my God, where does he get his energy? We were talking about coming back before we even left. Was uncrowded and no beach vendors. Great place. There is a Fun bar right off the dock, El Buccanner. Giovanni, an adorable and friendly guy runs the bar. My cousin (who was on the Princess ship at the same time) had met him 3 yrs ago on a cruise and always stops in for tequlia and a hello. IF you have time, go in ,have a shot and tell him Mitzi and her cousin sent you!

The Oosterdam was great- we were on deck 6, with Darma as our cabin steward. Spent alot of time on the aft pool deck watching/listening to the sea and enjoying the 3rd floor dining with Enrique, Ambara and Rudi taking good care of us. Loved the 4 mushroom soup, the parmesan chicken, the chocolate covered ice cream ball. On last formal night,Surf and turf was not a good meal though, no flavor...pick something else. Pinnacle grill was fabulous- Amelia and her little friend from Romania were one of the high-lights of the cruise- as cute as could be. The creme brulee is always a favorite. You

Must tell them that the guy who looked like the famous Romania poet said hello! We had a ball- lucky enough to be entertained by Joel Mason... what a character ! Lance was amazing, and very dear to talk to us about our 7 yr old who is in gymnastic's. Seem's like a fine young man. THe banter between Julie Barr and Joel was hilarious. Our CC co- cruisers were a great bunch of people. We came away with a great experience, and our 25 day mariner pins!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and the warm weather. Its cold and raining in central California today and tomorrow!

We are enjoying your reports again Lisa. Like sailing with you...

Have a great day in P. Vallarta, I just talked to Astrid and heard it is nice and sunny out there this week.

In NL we eat SNERT (Dutch Pea Soup)when it is cold in winter. At the moment it is just below Zero Celsius, which means small canals, meadows etc. are frozen and the 1st outside skate-race on natural ice will take place today. So YES, this is the weather for snert.

Snertweer...

Lisa ... thanks so much for your running summary of your trip on the Osterdam. I am enjoying them so much!!!!

We have already had a couple of ice storms here in NY and my DH now regrets that we didn't book a cruise in January. At least, reading your daily reports makes us a little warmer. Continue having a great time on your 2nd home ... the OOSTERDAM.

It's still not too late, Love Cruises! I know there's still room on our 2/6 Noordam sailing! ;)

Lisa, when we were in Mazatlan last week, it was quite warm (even hot) on our aft balcony. I spent a good part of the afternoon out there. Love reading your reports - it's like being there again.

Maxout, so you took the catamarran trip to Las Calletas! We were going to do that & I'm so sorry we weren't able to. It sounds like it was a real blast. With the warm weather in PV, it must have been wonderful. We did watch all the tour boats docking at the pier, loading up with passengers and going on their way. I wondered how they managed to back up from the pier without hitting our ship. From our aft deck, it looked so close!

Archived