Leaving next week...I have some random questions!

tiffnco

We're leaving next week on the Spirit for our Costa Rican adventure. I'm starting to lay aside my clothes and things and have a few questions.

1) Does the ship provide decent shampoo, conditioner and lotion...or is it in my best interest to bring my own?

2) I know there are no dress-up nights, but what does one typically wear to dinner? It it resort-casual? Can men wear shorts in the dining room (nice shorts...like Tommy Bahama style)

3) Is there a good hair-dryer in the room?

4) Do the iPod docking stations in the room accommodate all sizes of iPods? I have both a Nano and a video one that I can bring.

5) Is there adequate room under the bed to store a fairly standard suitcase?

Okay, I think that's about it for now. I appreciate any answers!

Tiffany

1. Yes, they were decent. My S.O. brought is own specialty shampoo but I used Windstar's. Lotion was very good.

2. No, except for deck b-b-q night. In fact we found other passengers more dressed-up than we expected (jackets and button-down shirts). Depends on the passenger mix.

3. I don't remember, but I think it was OK

4. Don't know, cruised on the Windstar before the docking stations. If the Nano has the same dock as the classic you should be OK. If it's just the earphone hole like the Shuffle, you may not. Hopefully others will know better.

5. Yes, we had no problem.

Have a great cruise.

Jackie

Windstar products are L'Occitane. Very good, you don't need to bring your own. No shorts at dinner, you would feel very out of place. There will be some sport coats, but a nice shirt and docker type pants are o.k. for men. Hair dryers are fine, you don't need to bring your own. I can't remember about the docking station, don't recall using it. Yes, plenty of room for suitcases under the bed.

No shorts at dinner, you would feel very out of place. There will be some sport coats, but a nice shirt and docker type pants are o.k. for men. ... I can't remember about the docking station, don't recall using it.

I guess the dress code depends on the itinerary. In the Med, we saw lots of sports coats and fancy dresses, while we saw clothing that elegant only on the night of the Captain's reception in the Caribbean. The Captain joked, early in the cruise, that anyone wearing a tie would be barred from the dining room until he removed the tie.

I'm not an Ipod expert, and the only Ipod I've ever used was borrowed from the ship; but the docking station effectively hooked up to the plug for the earphones. It had speakers, but no apparent way of showing videos. (There was a separate DVD player.) Does that help?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived