children in Alaska

mdeane

If anyone is taking grandchildren or children to Alaska as we are, I just pruchased several excellent books for children on Alaska at Amazon.com.

I could not find them in bookstores but Amazon had several. It will make the trip come to life for them I hope.

If anyone is taking grandchildren or children to Alaska as we are, I just pruchased several excellent books for children on Alaska at Amazon.com.

I could not find them in bookstores but Amazon had several. It will make the trip come to life for them I hope.

What are the titles of those books? They will definitely come in handy one day.

We took our 6yo DS this past September, and he loved it. We did whale watching in Juneau with Harv & Marv with some other ccers w/a 4yo girl. We also did the 7hour Yukon trip through Chilkoot. Aaron loved every part of that trip. Loved the Husky dogs and puppies, lunch was good (not gourmet, but good), we stopped when ever anyone wanted a photo, and he loved the ice cream in Carcross. I let my DH handle Ketchikan, and I won't make that mistake again. He felt like he lost control, but I got news for him, when he had it, we were bored! I wanted to do the Duck tour there, but he wanted to save money. I won't make that mistake again!

Anyway, DS made a journal for the trip for school and I bought him disposable cameras. He took the whole thing to school and everyone loved it.

We're taking our 8 year-old, 5 year-old and 18 month-old this summer, doing a week-long cruise followed by a week on the Kenai Peninsula. I know some things will be challenging with an 18 month-old, but the 8 and 5 year-olds are so excited. Let's put it this way, my 8 year-old is way more excited about this trip than our February Disneyworld trip. He's reading Cruising Alaska for Kids, or some title like that (it's up in his room). It's a good guide for kids his age. What are others that are good? He's digging deep into all manner of wildlife books.

Archived