Leaving Saturday!!! Last minute questions

dakota57

Had a family dinner to discuss cruise stuff today (14/16 of us are first timers :eek: )

Anyway...the expericenced ones cruised as teens so don't have a clue as to what's what...hee hee..

Some questions that came up...Will it be ok to bring a (one)case of water and a 6 pack of soda aboard (Navigator of the Seas-RC) and do we put a luggage tag on it to get them brought to our cabin(s) or do we have to carry it on board?

If you make an appointment in the hair salon, and decide not to go do they charge you when you call to cancel?

I have heard that casual nights are now allowing jeans..is this true..I don't want to get anyone upset with us by wearing blue jeans in the dining rm!!;)

TIA

You should carry on the beverages with you. Even if you tag them, things like that have a way of disappearing.

You must cancel your spa/salon appointments 24 hours in advance, or else you will be charged the full price.

The daily states that jeans are not allowed in the dining room after 6pm. Some will wear them, but in my 51cruises, I've never worn jeans and wouldn't feel comfortable doing so. The only line that I know of who now allow jeans is NCL, the most casual of all the lines. RCCI tends to be a little more dressy than NCL. Plus, jeans are too bulky and warm for Caribbean cruises. Lightweight cotton slacks are much more comfortable and pack better in luggage, seeing how strict the airlines are with luggage weight.

You really don't need all that water! It's heavy and a hassle! The ship's water is totally fine for drinking--it's actually purer than bottled water!

I never wear jeans in the summer, and I would never wear them in the tropics! It's just not Caribbean wear! Cotton slacks, etc... are more "tropical"!

Had a family dinner to discuss cruise stuff today (14/16 of us are first timers :eek: )

Anyway...the expericenced ones cruised as teens so don't have a clue as to what's what...hee hee..

Some questions that came up...Will it be ok to bring a (one)case of water and a 6 pack of soda aboard (Navigator of the Seas-RC) and do we put a luggage tag on it to get them brought to our cabin(s) or do we have to carry it on board? If you want you can bring them. I'd slap a luggage tag on the case and carry on the 6 pack.

If you make an appointment in the hair salon, and decide not to go do they charge you when you call to cancel? As kitty9 said, you must cancel 24 hours in advance.

I have heard that casual nights are now allowing jeans..is this true..I don't want to get anyone upset with us by wearing blue jeans in the dining rm!!;) No, you should wear Docker type pants or cotton slacks. As a couple of people posted, it's way too hot to wear jeans in the Caribbean :D !

TIA

I hope all of you have a wonderful cruise!

Archived