JS vs. GS which one for me?

skyw

Can you help me decide which suite I should get? DH and I like balconies. I loved having a large aft in the past. Since none of the afts are available on NOS, I would like to get a JS or GS. What are the balconies likes? I don't necessarily need all of the cabin space of the GS but would I really use the GS services more? If it was a difference of only $500 would you pay it to have a GS?

Thanks

Can you help me decide which suite I should get? DH and I like balconies. I loved having a large aft in the past. Since none of the afts are available on NOS, I would like to get a JS or GS. What are the balconies likes? I don't necessarily need all of the cabin space of the GS but would I really use the GS services more? If it was a difference of only $500 would you pay it to have a GS?

Thanks

I would!!:)

A JS is great--lots of space and the balcony is the width of the room--ample for 2. I guess it depends on what you're willing to pay for the concierge service--we've never really NEEDED it--so it seems a bit nonsensical to pay for it!

Love the big closet and larger bath in the JS! And you still get the 2 C&A credits and priority embarkation. Good value for the money!

A JS is great--lots of space and the balcony is the width of the room--ample for 2. I guess it depends on what you're willing to pay for the concierge service--we've never really NEEDED it--so it seems a bit nonsensical to pay for it!

Love the big closet and larger bath in the JS! And you still get the 2 C&A credits and priority embarkation. Good value for the money!

If you have cruised in a balcony room, and can afford the $500, try the GS. With every cruise there is a new experience, this would be a great one. It's a wonderful room and will give you amenities the JS doesn't. The balcony is large. If you do choose the GS, please let us know how you liked it!

For $500 more I would treat myself to the GS. We normally get a GS but I bring my kids (17 & 19 ) with me and need the room. However this June they will be in an inside room because it was cheaper than putting them in the room with us, so we are in a JS.:)

If only $500 more go with the GS. We usually pay 500 more each for the GS over JS. DW loves the GS, more room than what we need for the 2 of us, but very nice. The balcony is larger and the extra services are nice.

Depends on how long the cruise is. If it's only 4-5 nights, I'd stick with the JS. If it's 7 nights or longer I'd splurge on the GS.

I haven't been on a Voyager class yet, so I can't comment on the size of the balconies other than to say the the pictures I've seen of the JS show that they're not really large enough to hold a full lounger - you get 2 chairs & a small table plus a reclining-type chair with footrest.

Archived