Carnival announces new minor,infant and pregnancy policies

lvtotrvl1

When we booked a few weeks ago, our PVP explained the new policies and it will work out fine. Me and DH will be in 1 room. DD (who will be 21 at sailing) and her BF (will be 19 at sailing) will be in the room next to ours. I like the way that works.

Just talked to my PVP last night. He called me, we just got off the Valor on Sunday. Already wanting me to book again. NO problem here, Told him we are looking at the Liberty for March 09, one inside and one balcony across the hall. Said we could put kids in the Inside(14, 8, 5) and us in the balcony with no problem. On the Valor we had to bood one child and one parent in each room. We just switched when we got on board. no problems.

Thanks for the update. I emailed my TA to see how we should do this.

I'm not concerned about them being in a balcony, since their door will remain locked at all times, and they will not be allowed to go out onto the balcony without myself our DH, period.

I worried more about them being further away across the hall. :o

Thanks for the warning on the thin walls. ;)

If we have to, Dh and my son can sleep in one, us girls in the other, we'll just have to sneak our "private" time in while they are in Camp Carnival. :D

Minor Guest Policy

Infant Guest Policy

Effective for new bookings made 1/01/08:

Current Policy: Infant guests must be at least four (4) months old to be eligible to travel, due to their vulnerable health.

Change to Policy: Infant guests must be six (6) months old to be eligible to travel for all itineraries with the exception of Transatlantic and Hawaii cruises. On Transatlantic and Hawaii cruises, the infant must be twelve (12) months old to be eligible to travel.

We had a problem with our ship leaving Ft Lauderdale last summer because two families were trying to bring infants on board under six months old. They were sailing to celebrate grandmas birthday. One baby was two days short of six months and the other was two weeks old. They told the one family they could meet us in St Thomas since the baby would then be 6 months old, but the two week old was a no go. It delayed our sail time by 2 1/2 hours while they straightened this problem out. It was good in a way because it was pouring down rain at the original sail time, but 2 1/2 hours later the sun was out and there was a rainbow across the channel we were departing.

We had a problem with our ship leaving Ft Lauderdale last summer because two families were trying to bring infants on board under six months old. They were sailing to celebrate grandmas birthday. One baby was two days short of six months and the other was two weeks old. They told the one family they could meet us in St Thomas since the baby would then be 6 months old, but the two week old was a no go. It delayed our sail time by 2 1/2 hours while they straightened this problem out. It was good in a way because it was pouring down rain at the original sail time, but 2 1/2 hours later the sun was out and there was a rainbow across the channel we were departing.

OMG!! A 2 week old!?!? Come on...what were they thinking?!?! That's just crazy. What idiots!

huh??? You have to give birthdays, so how could they book a 2 week old? Or the not quite 6 month old, for that matter.

bet the sailaway was beautiful!

huh??? You have to give birthdays, so how could they book a 2 week old? Or the not quite 6 month old, for that matter.

bet the sailaway was beautiful!

I am not sure how they did that either, unless they lied when the made the reservation:rolleyes: . The sail away was definitely one of the most beautiful ones I have seen. I believe the rainbow was an omen as the rest of the two week cruise had nothing but beautiful weather (other than some sprinkles one night for about five minutes).

Archived