Photo viewer question

derrick22

I have read the thread about the various photo viewers. Still have a few questions.

Last cruise I took about 900 pictures and used a 2gb sd card. I currently have 3 - 2gb cards. I have a 7.2 mb Casio Dx750. A decent stick in my pocket and go camera.

We are cruising again in April and taking a special trip to Germany in August.

Since my DS has a 60 gb video ipod with only 5 gb used I would like to use that as my backup. I'm trying to consolidate since we can only bring one suitcase and I really don't want to lug a lot of electronics.

I will also alternate sd cards.

Has anyone used the ipod as a back up with success? Is so what do I need to make this painless?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Denise

The Apple Ipod camera adapter will allow you to connect to a video Ipod and download, but it's reported to be pretty slow.

With two 2GB Ultra II SD cards for $45 at Costco, just expanding your memory supply may work out.

In consolidating electronics, consider that the Epson P-series viewers will work as an MP3 player, plus there's that awsome 4" screen! (I love my Epson P2000, but it's a little pricey...compared to the $29 Ipod adapter!)

Too many choices!

Dave

Has anyone used the ipod as a back up with success? Is so what do I need to make this painless?

I used this with success on our Hawaii cruise this year. 800+ photos in 8 days.

The Apple Ipod camera adapter will allow you to connect to a video Ipod and download, but it's reported to be pretty slow.

This is the item to use. I can vouch for it working. It is slow. Be sure both your camera and ipod are fully charged before commencing.

There are some plusses ...

Inexpensive

easy

convenient (assuming you have a compatible ipod that you're bringing anyway)

Allows you to have a backup of all your photos "just in case"

There are some minuses ...

slow transfer speed

You cannot selectively backup photos ... it's all or nothing so if you half-fill an SD card, backup, fill the rest of the card, backup again, you will end up with doubles of the first half of the photos.

Some cameras are not compatible.

There are better solutions if you spend the money, but as an inexpensive, effective solution, it's a good one.

Archived