Has anyone taken Flowers onboard in Sydney?

Moeve

I know once onboard they cannot come off again but that isn't my point. It is my moms birthday the day we embark the Mercury in Sydney but since X cannot be trusted with my credit card (MAJOR overcharge while buying bar credits) I am wondering if I don't just have a delivary service bring them to the hotel the day before.... That would however mean I would need to be able to bring them onboard so that she could enjoy them the next 14 days.....

Moeve, a few years back when we got back to Sydney we ordered flowers to be delivered to the ship for a few staff members as a special thank you to them. They got them so clearly no problem. We just ordered them over the phone from a florist somewhere in Darling Harbour or the city (I can't remember who or if we had to phone around to find out one that would deliver) on the morning we docked (prior to disembarkation) for immediate delivery.

Don't know about Celebrity, but I think with Princess/P&O you can order some sort of flower package to be delivered to your cabin at embarkation ... might be worth checking out.

If you get them at the hotel, I really don't think there would be a problem taking them on board since it is clear that flowers get delivered to the ship anyway. If they last that long, you wouldn't however be allowed to take them ashore on disembarkation because of quarantine laws.

Cheers

Bob

Archived