What is a good idea to do if you just don't want to get wet?

We did the Atlantis Semi-sub tour. You sit below the water and look out the windows. It goes by 2 shipwrecks and a reef. A diver gets into the water and feeds the fish also. My boyfriend did the Atlantis sub which goes down about 100 ft. You do not get wet on either of these excursions and they are right by the pier. The only disadvantage is that you do not get to see a lot of Grand Cayman (we only had about 2 hours to eat and walk around but since we were right next to the pier anyways it was not too bad). Have fun!

I just did the "Sea Spi" excursion last week. It was about a 5-10 minute van ride down the street to get there (included in the cost). Then you get on a small flat motorized boat which holds 2 people, where you lie on your stomach and look through a viewing window while driving it with a joystick. It's a guided tour out to a reef where you have about an hour to drive it around and check out the fish. It was somewhat expensive ($79) but we enjoyed it, however we didn't see quite as many fish, and not as close as we expected them to come. Neat experience though, and it's nice getting to drive your own sea spi around to look at what you want.

Our legs got wet up to our knees when we got on, and we got "misted" a bit when we were going "fast" through the waves, but you could easily wear a t-shirt and shorts and not get very wet.

I just did the "Sea Spi" excursion last week. It was about a 5-10 minute van ride down the street to get there (included in the cost). Then you get on a small flat motorized boat which holds 2 people, where you lie on your stomach and look through a viewing window while driving it with a joystick. It's a guided tour out to a reef where you have about an hour to drive it around and check out the fish. It was somewhat expensive ($79) but we enjoyed it, however we didn't see quite as many fish, and not as close as we expected them to come. Neat experience though, and it's nice getting to drive your own sea spi around to look at what you want.

Our legs got wet up to our knees when we got on, and we got "misted" a bit when we were going "fast" through the waves, but you could easily wear a t-shirt and shorts and not get very wet.

This sounds awesome. who did you go through?

We booked it through Royal Caribbean. I believe Carnival also offers this excursion. If not, you can contact the company directly (SeaSunCayman) and book through them, however they do recommend booking with your cruise-line if possible. You can contact them at:

http://seasuncayman .com/_wsn/page5.html (just remove the space before the .com.

Also the sea spi site has more information and some pictures as well at:

http://www.seaspitour .com/page1.aspx (just take out the space before .com)

We've been to GC many times and we've booked a car the last several times and really enjoyed ourselves. You get to explore on your own pace and see sites that would cost a fortune to get there by taxi. The Botanical Gardens is one of my favorite stops...they have huge iguana strolling the grounds. There is basically one road that loops the island, so we never had problems getting around. I have some shots that I took when we pulled the car to the side of the road that look like postcards. We're going to be in GC twice this February and will rent a car at least once, if not both of those trips. The only thing you have to get used to is driving on the left though...

Archived