Zone Debarkation with an Early Flight?

elmojessi

We just got off of the Triumph on Saturday, Dec 8th and had a great time. Only two small complaints.

• The warm chocolate melting cake was TERRIBLE! It was more like warm chocolate cake batter with 1/8” of cooked cake at the top. We were addicted to this on our last cruise and were so looking forward to it on this one, but it was nothing but a disappointment.

• The Zone Debarkation Process. When we filled out our fun passes, we noted that we had an 11:30 flight. While we did self debarkation because of the early flight, I was still interested in what zone we’d be assigned to for the regular debarkation. We got to our room the last night and found out that we had been assigned to zone 32, which was in the very last group that would get off of the boat, between 10am and 10:30am. What gives? What’s the point of filling out the fun pass with our flight times if no one’s even going to bother taking our flight time into consideration when assigning debarkation times? I’m so baffled. Additionally, another couple that we were cruising with had the exact same flight as us and were assigned zone 19. What?!? As I mentioned, we did self-debarkation anyway, but I just don’t understand the reasoning behind the assigned zones. Anyone else have an experience like this?

During the debarkation talk you were told that if you had early flights, to go to the pursers desk, show proof and receive a Zone 1 debarkation tag. But you were doing self debark, so that's OK.

The "zones" are based upon where your cabin is located on the ship. For example Riviera Deck Aft may be zone 1 one week and zone 18 the next. It's all random.

As I understand it, the Funpass info for hotels and airline schedule is for use in case of emergencies.

The Zone Debarkation Process. When we filled out our fun passes, we noted that we had an 11:30 flight. While we did self debarkation because of the early flight, I was still interested in what zone we’d be assigned to for the regular debarkation. We got to our room the last night and found out that we had been assigned to zone 32, which was in the very last group that would get off of the boat, between 10am and 10:30am. What gives? What’s the point of filling out the fun pass with our flight times if no one’s even going to bother taking our flight time into consideration when assigning debarkation times?

Just got off the Paradise this weekend. In his "debarkation talk", the CD noted everyone with an early flight could leave when their self-debark floor was called. Regardless of whether they were taking part in self-debark or not

When we filled out our fun passes, we noted that we had an 11:30 flight. While we did self debarkation because of the early flight, I was still interested in what zone we’d be assigned to for the regular debarkation. We got to our room the last night and found out that we had been assigned to zone 32, which was in the very last group that would get off of the boat, between 10am and 10:30am. What gives? What’s the point of filling out the fun pass with our flight times if no one’s even going to bother taking our flight time into consideration when assigning debarkation times?

Just got off the Paradise this weekend. In his "debarkation talk", the CD noted everyone with an early flight could leave when their self-debark floor was called. Regardless of whether they were taking part in self-debark or not

FYI....we got our "zone tags" as well on the Miracle when we were leaving 12/9. Disembark was supposed to start at 8:45 so we decided to just go down to the Atrium and wait at 8:30. When we got off the Atrium elevators there was a line leading out the ship! We just merged and were off the ship and thru customs by 8:45. Id like to think of the zone tags as meer suggestions. ;)

We got to our room the last night and found out that we had been assigned to zone 32, which was in the very last group that would get off of the boat, between 10am and 10:30am. What gives?

Funpass info is more for homeland security stuff not for embarkation/disembarktion info. The debarkation debrief that was held at 11am in the theater would of told you that if you had an earily flight you needed to get over to the Pursers Desk with your Airline tickets to get the correct Zone Number. Those Zones are 2 and 3.

Some ships are doing away with Self Assist Debarkation so you need to get those Zone Tags anyways.

Fred

Archived