Help! What do you do when you left something in your cabin?...

:) Ok - just got off Majesty and realized (right after we exited the ship) that I left our one picture from formal night in a bag on our coffee table!!

I tried to have someone help me at port - but man, forget that. A very nice lady in the baggage terminal took down our room number, address and phone (but she was going on a 7 day cruise that day herself).

I called RCI today only to be told that they could give me a number to "repurchase" the picture... Are you kidding me?! $20 for one lousy 8x10 and you want me to BUY it again?!

What happens when something is left in a room? They obviously know who you are, that you were in that room - is there any hope of getting the picture back?

Just wondering if anyone ever got anything left by accident in a room before. Thanks!

I did exactly the same on my cruise in the summer - left the formal night picture in the room.:rolleyes: You have NO chance of getting that picture back. I e-mailed them as soon as I got back and whilst they made all the right noises they weren't able to help me. I'm not sure about expensive stuff but I think they regard photos as completely dispensible and they go straight in the bin

We were on the Vision two weeks ago. I usually don't read everything they give you, but I did read their policy on things left in the room. It said that once you leave your room to disembark everything you leave behind will be thrown away or given to charity. I assume the photo was thrown away.

We left a whole bag of really nice gifts on board the AOS and realized it within an hour called and was told too bad they were probably thrown away or given to charity. Wouldn't even take my information if anything showed up in the room. I now check things two or three times before leaving the ship.

Oh---so sorry that your photo is gone.

Many years ago, on one of our first cruises, we left something sentimental behind. We couldn't believe we could have done such a thing, but we did. So of course now we each of us double check the stateroom before we leave, which isn't easy at O Dark Thirty....:D

I'm sure that many other folks will benefit from hearing about your experience. I hope that you have many, many more beautiful formal photos in your future~~

Leslie

Ya just gotta' chalk it up to lesson learned, check, check and double check your cabin. If it's not something extremely valuable the cruise line is not going to do anything. They have to have a set policy in place as it would be a nightmare for them to get forgotten items back to the owners.

I'm not a big drinker but last cruise I thought it woud be fun to have a set of glasses from the drink of the day so I had my fair share to complete a set. It was enjoyable emptying those glasses.:D I can still picture them

all lined up on the shelf above the mirror...and where they were still sitting when we left the cabin.:(

Ya just gotta' chalk it up to lesson learned, check, check and double check your cabin. If it's not something extremely valuable the cruise line is not going to do anything. They have to have a set policy in place as it would be a nightmare for them to get forgotten items back to the owners.

I'm not a big drinker but last cruise I thought it woud be fun to have a set of glasses from the drink of the day so I had my fair share to complete a set. It was enjoyable emptying those glasses.:D I can still picture them

all lined up on the shelf above the mirror...and where they were still sitting when we left the cabin.:(

I am sure it will make you feel better to know that someone else is enjoying them after they were washed and put back in circulation. To be bought by another person who also admires them. :rolleyes: :D

At least I know you can't catch me on here. LOL :eek:

Those that are thinking about the bunny slippers that my daughter left and making jokes of it, hope you never leave anything and want it back. They meant something to my EIGHT year old daughter okay? Like I said, she was not crying or anything, I called that was it. You guys are horrible.

Those that are thinking about the bunny slippers that my daughter left and making jokes of it, hope you never leave anything and want it back. They meant something to my EIGHT year old daughter okay? Like I said, she was not crying or anything, I called that was it. You guys are horrible.

I was not being rude, I was seriously thinking about the bunny slippers when I first read this thread. Probably because there has not been another thread about lost and found since yours (well the new thread tonight about the false teeth!) I was one of the first ones to post that I hoped they would be returned to you, told you that maybe you should make a complaint when RCCL was not helping you out much, and then I got flamed the rest of the day for that comment! So sorry if you took it the wrong way, I'm not a horrible person.;)

If it is any comfort - i too amassed a full collection of DoD glasses plus a few more and carefully packed them all to bring home. Well TSA had a field day with our luggage and only 2 made it home safely. I knew that was a possibility but was a bit bummed!

If it is any comfort - i too amassed a full collection of DoD glasses plus a few more and carefully packed them all to bring home. Well TSA had a field day with our luggage and only 2 made it home safely. I knew that was a possibility but was a bit bummed!

I had a whole set of different colored "after dinner shooter glasses" to bring home from a B2B cruise. At that time they were all glass. (Now they are medal.) My "shooter server waiter" :D even got me the boxes to pack them in so that they would be safe for travel.

Well, only two glasses out of all of them made it home. All of them broke. :eek:

I was glad they were wrapped in plastic bags so that no glass got in my clothes.

I do not try to bring any home anymore.

When we disembarked I saw a lady who had a garbage bag filled with DOD glasses, wonder if she was flying and how she made out. We drove to the port so I wouldn't have had any problem IF I had remembered. Seems like Alexis is enjoying mine.:)

When we disembarked I saw a lady who had a garbage bag filled with DOD glasses, wonder if she was flying and how she made out. We drove to the port so I wouldn't have had any problem IF I had remembered. Seems like Alexis is enjoying mine.:)

No!!! LOL, not me!!!!

The cabin attendants put them back on the cart. ;) They get returned to the bars.

I figured after I posted that, at least I know you can't run after me and swat me one. :p

I didn’t read that thread …. But my DD is 7 going on 8 and I know if she left her “Star” (ratty old horse teddy bear) she would be crushed!! And I would have to do what a mom has to do to see about getting it back. I’m with you ;)

On a Carnival cruise in 2001, we found two credit cards under the mattress of the upper bunk (cruising with three giddy post-teens, so told them to check EVERYWHERE while we packed) Turned them in to the Purser's Desk, and were told that these were reported lost by the occupants the previous week, and they had to cancel them. In 2003, we were on a HAL cruise, and I found a gold and diamond ring at the back of the cabin safe., kind of wedged into a corner. Instead of turning it in, I left my name and phone number with Lost and Found, and was told that a lady from Ft. Worth had reported it missing several weeks previously. She called me several weeks later, and was able to identify the ring, so I sent it to her. Turned out that this was a tenth-year anniversary ring her husband had given her, and she was very thankful. ...sent me chocolates from Neiman-Marcus! (But not the annual Christmas gift! :))

Archived