Enchantment Food

Borbs11

Hi,

My wife and I are going on Enchantment for a 4 night cruise in a couple weeks and I have noticed many of you complaining about the food. We want to go to Chop's and were wondering if there were any nights in the dining room that shouldn't be missed. Thanks!

The last night was the Fisherman's platter and it had some GREAT shrimp and the lobster. The lobster was moist and all but to me nothing great. I prefer crab. The shrimp on the other hand was wonderful!!!! Everyone else from my table loved all the food. I was not into all those different foods (escargot, etc) so I tended to stick with the steaks and such and they just really had no flavor. There was a chicken on the alternative menu that was VERY good and sooo tender!!! I did not eat at Chops but table mates did and said it was FABULOUS!

We just returned from a B2B on Enchantment. Be advised the new price for Chops is $25pp which became effective on Dec. 10, the day of our reservation. :rolleyes: Additional tip for exceptional service is on the bill, so plan on that too because the service is definately exceptional. If you love chocolate...get the Mud Pie. ;)

Trudy

We just returned from a B2B on Enchantment. Be advised the new price for Chops is $25pp which became effective on Dec. 10, the day of our reservation. :rolleyes: Additional tip for exceptional service is on the bill, so plan on that too because the service is definately exceptional. If you love chocolate...get the Mud Pie. ;)

Trudy

Welcome back Trudy- how was your second week?

Borbs11 -I did eat at chops on the 3rd night of my 4 night cruise recently...loved it..

The food was pretty good on our 7 night Enchantment cruise over Thanksgiving. We ate at both the dining room and the Windjammer.

The front desk has all of the menu's so check them out and see what appeals to you. We did not get a chance to book Chops because by the time we got around to it on the first night, all the nights were booked. So that being said I am sure it is worth the $.

I have to agree that the main dining room food on Enchantment is really poor. So bad, that all the people at my table left the dining room on my Dec 10th cruise, never to return. I ate at Chops twice and at Windjammer. On the second nite of the cruise, I went to the dining room and found the table empty, so I was seated at a nearby table. No one at that table had anything good to say about the food either.

Chops, however, was well worth the $25 surcharge for a really enjoyable 3 hour dinner. As a single lady, I felt I was really fawned over by the maitre d' and about 7 of the wait staff. My filet was a little underdone one night and I sent it back. It was returned, cooked to perfection, with great apology.

I also noticed that, at least, one entree in Windjammer was served, in a much smaller portion, in the dining room on the same night.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my Enchantment cruise, but the food in the dining room was definitely not part of that enjoyment.

Liz

I have to agree that the main dining room food on Enchantment is really poor. So bad, that all the people at my table left the dining room on my Dec 10th cruise, never to return. I ate at Chops twice and at Windjammer. On the second nite of the cruise, I went to the dining room and found the table empty, so I was seated at a nearby table. No one at that table had anything good to say about the food either.

Chops, however, was well worth the $25 surcharge for a really enjoyable 3 hour dinner. As a single lady, I felt I was really fawned over by the maitre d' and about 7 of the wait staff. My filet was a little underdone one night and I sent it back. It was returned, cooked to perfection, with great apology.

Liz

Liz.....I travel single many times...have not gone to Chops unless I have found another solo traveler to share....but after ready your nice review I may try this next month on the Navigator - thanks

Michele

Archived