pics of refurbished Navigator suites

Mrs. Howell

No pics - but I can tell you that the suites have new flat screen TVs. I was told that the refurb of the rooms included new linens. Bars have new carpet and chair upholstery. We were in Cat E and our room steward gave us a form to choose our bar setup. While the room choices are not as premium as you may find in a bar onboard (ex: scotch) we could get any mixer we wanted by calling room service. Enjoy!

I just got back from Navigator on the 17th and was in Category D, suites are the same as E. Email me at debbieh103@aol.com for the pics, as they will just delete the link where I have them now. I do plan to put them up to a generic site, but with Christmas over my head, I don't know when.

The flat screens are in. My stewardess said I could get two bottles of wine but that if I took a bottle of liquor and a bottle of wine that I would have to get wine by the glass after that and that I would have to call room service and could not get it from her. This was unlike Silversea where we can order a bottle or two at a time, but I didn't run out of wine on Navigator to see if I could really get a 3rd bottle. I do not like a by the glass policy, as I like to have it on hand to chill for later, whenever that might be, and when you set a glass in the fridge, it just falls over and doesn't feel very upscale.

My couch had some dark black stains, but they didn't bother me, and my safe had the whole number plate ripped off.

Navigator is a great ship and has a whole personality of her own. The Portofinos staff puts on a fun show, and the social staff is fun.Voyager was more up-to-date and had more dining choices and was less crowded, but I'd go on Navigator again anytime. The guests were just THE best.

If you order a room service meal, you can request a bottle of the wine selection for that night. It arrives still corked and the steward will open it if you want, or you can keep it for later. You don't have to settle for wine by the glass.

The all-inclusive and insuite set up is still confusing and I don't understand why they don't spell it out better. They have so much else in the folder in the suite, why not address liquor service?

JoAnne B

Houston

JoAnne, what you describe is exactly what I asked my stewardess if I could do, and she demured and was scared and embarrassed. I should have just called room service and asked. What you describe is the Silversea policy, and it should be the Regent policy. If it is, they need to teach the stewardesses this and live it consistently. The policy has been out a year, and their own staff don't get it, and I think they are the ones confusing guests.

Archived