Is it worth the money?

abhb

Just surprised DH with a 50th birthday cruise at the end of January. Is it worth the money to have the birthday decorations? I had to tell him about the surprise a little early. He was totally shocked. Now that the big surprise is out, I thought the decorations would be a little something special. Any other thoughts for a surprise while on board?

Go for the RCI decorations!! They are about $30 and really look GREAT! Then bring some more of your own along (even tho you dont need much, RCIs does the trick!!) No access to my pics right now, but you can find pics of RCIs decorations on their site or on photobucket web shots

Enjoy & Happy Birthday!!!!

My DH's birthday is the weekend we are going in Jan and I am also getting the Royal Decorations. My sister surprised us with them for our anniversary and DH loved them, so I know he will get a big kick out of thebirthday ones also. They are just fun, and is a nice surprise when he walks up to the room.

I say go for it and buy the Royal decorations and that way they will be up and all ready when you get there.

Have fun.

IMHO typically women tend to be more excited about things such as birthday decorations. You obviously know your husband far better than anyone here, so only you know if that is the type of thing that excites him. I personally would rather have my fiance surprise me with something like agreeing to do a shore excursion that is special to me that I know would not be her first choice as an on board birthday surprise, or I would rather her surprise me on my bday with some sexy nighttime attire that she brought. I would take a "decorated" significant other over the room decorations any day! But you have to decide what would make your husband happy; some guys probably do enjoy the birthday decorations.

but the decorations are a chick thing. Women get all a twitter over this stuff, guys don't.

Save your money, buy a special bottle of wine, or something else onboard.

Maybe a special photo for framing.

Yes, I expect flaming for the use of the word, "chick"...all the PC police will reply

Been married 32+ years, my wife is still a chick to me!!!!!

My DH's birthday is the weekend we are going in Jan and I am also getting the Royal Decorations. My sister surprised us with them for our anniversary and DH loved them, so I know he will get a big kick out of thebirthday ones also. They are just fun, and is a nice surprise when he walks up to the room.

I say go for it and buy the Royal decorations and that way they will be up and all ready when you get there.

Have fun.

I know you don't I!!!

Find one of those girls gone wild types up on the pool deck. Give her $30 to go up to him in her bikini and sing Happy Birthday to You, Marilyn Monroe style.

If she throws in a lap dance (no touching of course) give her an extra $30.

Now that's a surprise only a man could think of. A very bad man, I know. Think I'll do the same for my DW on our next cruise. I'll get one of those European types in the speedo bathing suits.

If these ideas are too risque for you, I think the birthday cake surprise at dinner is the next best thing. Always fun to watch the looks on the "victim's" face as the waiters sing to them in front of everyone.

Guess you can tell I'm not into decorations either.

Enjoy:)

I got some for my DH's b-day for our cruise and ordered one of the birthday cakes to be delivered to our room. I was going to take some along and decorate on my own but with my luck, I'd forget the tape. Plus I couldn't really think of a way to keep them hidden from him in my suitcase. I didn't want to risk the surprise being spoiled. He'll get a kick out of 'em!

Archived